Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does no new striker signal the end of the season's hopes for you?

Assuming no new attacking player is signed...

• I still feel we can make top two

Votes: 54 25.1%
  • I feel we can reach the playoffs

Votes: 122 56.7%
  • I've no faith in us being among the top six

Votes: 36 16.7%
  • Relegation certs

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
But my point still stands, we struggle to score against the top teams. We could smash our goals tally from last season, but if it's tallying up,the goals in the easy games and registering blanks against our rivals we'll be in the same position. Two 1-0's is more valuable than a 6-0 and 0-0, that's my point.

Of course it is, I'm just saying if we matched last season but were scoring more it does make a difference. We only had Konckaert and Skalak for half a season, we didn't have Murray at all. I'm confident that if you apply the extra service and goals from the wide players and the extra goals from Murray we'll score plenty of goals this season. The top sides are always tough to score against, that's why they're at the top. I think we'll do well. We just have different predictions. Time will tell.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Of course it is, I'm just saying if we matched last season but were scoring more it does make a difference. We only had Konckaert and Skalak for half a season, we didn't have Murray at all. I'm confident that if you apply the extra service and goals from the wide players and the extra goals from Murray we'll score plenty of goals this season. The top sides are always tough to score against, that's why they're at the top. I think we'll do well. We just have different predictions. Time will tell.

We also lost 4 key players , LuaLua & march when they were at the top of their form and scoring goals.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The situation is:

1. Sign an out-of-contract striker
2. Play Murphy, March or Kaz in the no 10 role alongside either Murray or Hemed if Baldock becomes injured or out of form.

We still have options.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Come on! You're deluding yourself if you think two proven strikers is enough to take us up... It wasn't last season, and it will not be this. One or two injuries and we're looking at starting with Elvis.

We're light where it counts and certain people should stop denying it and indeed should fear it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We also lost 4 key players , LuaLua & march when they were at the top of their form and scoring goals.

The prospect of a 4-2-3-1/4-1-1 with 3 from Knockaert, March, Skalak, Murphy and LuaLua behind Murray or Hemed could be pretty good.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The prospect of a 4-2-3-1/4-1-1 with 3 from Knockaert, March, Skalak, Murphy and LuaLua behind Murray or Hemed could be pretty good.

who is our new manager

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
It all depends on Stephens if he stays we could finish in the play offs without him about 8th - 10 th. The top 3 places will be taken by the 3 that were relegated, as I have said from day 1 and their recruitment has strengthened that.
I know I do not agree with most of your threads, but seriously do you believe that Stephens staying is the difference of us finishing higher than 8th - 10th. Yes he has bolstered the midfield and has a robust relationship with kayal in the middle, but Stephens not in the team will not mean we cannot get into the top three. Yes we scored goals last season, (I still have to pinch myself that we actually scored that many) when we still needed a striker, but we need a poacher with pace and movement. Oh just because baldock has pace and runs into channels clearly shows he is not the answer for goals.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Come on! You're deluding yourself if you think two proven strikers is enough to take us up... It wasn't last season, and it will not be this. One or two injuries and we're looking at starting with Elvis.

We're light where it counts and certain people should stop denying it and indeed should fear it.

Elvis isn't that close. We'd just play Konckaert, Murphy or March behind Hemed or Murray and we'd still have a bloody good team.

I'd like us to have another striker too but we may well get a free agent after the window shuts, or add one in January. It's not like this is it now for the next 41 games.

My biggest concern, by far, is Dale Stephens. We miss him massively. Get him back in the side and playing well (which I think he will) and I'm confident we'll do well.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
who is our new manager

Hughton generally plays with one striker dropping deeper. It's basically how we've played for the past season and a bit. It's just a fans perception thing of a striker playing deeper or a midfielder playing more advanced. Not many people were complaining when we thought Pritchard was signing and he's an attacking midfielder like Knockaert/March/Murphy etc who'd have played off the main striker.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We'll be up there again:

Hemed can score.
Murray can score.
Knocky can score.
March can score.
Skalak can score.
Dunk can score.
Goldson can score.
Murphy can score.
Lualua can score.
Manu, incredibly, can score.
Baldock can score.
Kayal can score.
Stephens can score.
Bruno can score.

Goals all over the pitch. Except left back. Rosenior out!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here