Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Gus have a Cruel Streak

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Gus is still making massive mistakes in his choice of team and subs, he still has a lot to learn.This is obously good for us as premier league clubs can also see this , he is clearly not ready for the premier league just yet despite his constant hints when being interviewed

I am surprised at how nice people are being to this idiot. Apparently, Gus is making "massive mistakes" and we are still eighth. What a ridiculous thing to say. Are you one of the new fans who thought we would win the league by ten points again this season? We have had a fantastic season and just lost our first league game in 13 yet some people think our manager is crap apparently. Maybe we should get rid of Gus and bring a manager who really makes "massive mistakes" in so they can get some perspective.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe if Reyes wasn't sent off we would of seen Lua Lua come on.

That was my opinion, that Gus' hand was forced once Reyes was sent off. I think he had every intention of bringing LuaLua on later in the game.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
why can't we just let the manager and players do the job that they get paid to do.

none of us will ever be the manager, so sit back relax and enjoy the ride

Pig-headedness for the sake of saying in no uncertain terms "I'm the manager and I call the shots" isn't wise, or 'winning'.
I hope GP is not like that. I really don't want our club to have a manager who is showing off just to say he is 'the boss'.
Those exist in all professions though - and they always come a cropper when the chips are down, and get revealed for what they are.

This squad has potential and it has some potentially excellent players. I hope we'll see them fully able to express their excellence on the pitch in our colours, that's all.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I peered into Gus' kitchen window the other week - i sort of rent one of his garden sheds to use as a lab for my woolen soul experiments in which i invite in all interested for a robot i designed to stare into the innards of them, log their finest and worst moments, rate them in a league of decency and knit the image of their persona in a matter of seconds - and saw Gus plucking the spines from an innocent, lonely, local porcupine. He'd drugged its milk, you see, and crippled its resistance and will to battle on, so now this near-suicidal sadist of a creature sat in Gus' lap unable to fight back, or kill itself, as our so-called messiah slowly pulled its venomous spears agonisingly from its back, adding to his already-bulging sack of poison darts. When his arsenal was full and this minute bag of weeping flesh was little but a disabled blob of holes, he tossed its still-edible form into the mouth of his pet lioness, Bertha, half-asleep in the 17ft kennel in the kitchen corner. I'll carry on keeping an eye on our future nemesis and report on my next near-evil findings when they're spotted. Most of the time, he's salt of the earth, but sometimes, without a pigging doubt, he's the devil incarnate.

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
I peered into Gus' kitchen window the other week - i sort of rent one of his garden sheds to use as a lab for my woolen soul experiments in which i invite in all interested for a robot i designed to stare into the innards of them, log their finest and worst moments, rate them in a league of decency and knit the image of their persona in a matter of seconds - and saw Gus plucking the spines from an innocent, lonely, local porcupine. He'd drugged its milk, you see, and crippled its resistance and will to battle on, so now this near-suicidal sadist of a creature sat in Gus' lap unable to fight back, or kill itself, as our so-called messiah slowly pulled its venomous spears agonisingly from its back, adding to his already-bulging sack of poison darts. When his arsenal was full and this minute bag of weeping flesh was little but a disabled blob of holes, he tossed its still-edible form into the mouth of his pet lioness, Bertha, half-asleep in the 17ft kennel in the kitchen corner. I'll carry on keeping an eye on our future nemesis and report on my next near-evil findings when they're spotted. Most of the time, he's salt of the earth, but sometimes, without a pigging doubt, he's the devil incarnate.

Ladies and gentlemen, an insight into the human psyche, textbooks have been written on less :p

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Gus is still making massive mistakes in his choice of team and subs, he still has a lot to learn.This is obously good for us as premier league clubs can also see this , he is clearly not ready for the premier league just yet despite his constant hints when being interviewed

Classic!! - Just yesterday on the Match thread, fans were saying that we had such a strong looking side out/and a really strong bench. amazing, lloooool!!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah but if we did do that we'd get completely dominated in the midfield when the other team have the ball. We need Navarro, that's why he is one of the first names on the team sheet (love him or hate him)

you have absolutely no idea whether we would get dominated at if we picked a different looking midfield. Your just presuming and have jumped on this "we'll get murdered, if we change it" mentallity.

Thank heavens your not the manager!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"a cruel streak"?

:facepalm: FFS.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Classic!! - Just yesterday on the Match thread, fans were saying that we had such a strong looking side out/and a really strong bench. amazing, lloooool!!!

They were clearly wrong we were hammered by a team that has just lost to doncaster
Edit: sorry meant peterborough:D

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They were clearly wrong we were hammered by a team that has just lost to doncaster

That kind of thing happens in football all the time, it means nothing. We lost to Coventry, and beat Saints within a few weeks :shrug:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
you have absolutely no idea whether we would get dominated at if we picked a different looking midfield. Your just presuming and have jumped on this "we'll get murdered, if we change it" mentallity.

Thank heavens your not the manager!

I've seen us play 4-3-3, 3 or 4 times this season and we've been terrible. Why do you think Gus nearly always plays Navarro and Bridcutt. Thank heavens you're not the manager!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here