Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Gus have a Cruel Streak

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I'm surprised after last week that LuaLua didn't come on today. He made a huge difference against Portsmouth and I thought he had played his way into the starting eleven. The two matches he really wanted to appear in, Newcastle and today with his brother playing were games he would be really looking forward to. It's almost as though Gus is proving a point and has to show his authority and impartiality by not playing him in these games. I was disappointed for the lad. He is very young and keen and that's another needless knock for him

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm surprised after last week that LuaLua didn't come on today. He made a huge difference against Portsmouth and I thought he had played his way into the starting eleven. The two matches he really wanted to appear in, Newcastle and today with his brother playing were games he would be really looking forward to. It's almost as though Gus is proving a point and has to show his authority and impartiality by not playing him in these games. I was disappointed for the lad. He is very young and keen and that's another needless knock for him

Gus is still making massive mistakes in his choice of team and subs, he still has a lot to learn.This is obously good for us as premier league clubs can also see this , he is clearly not ready for the premier league just yet despite his constant hints when being interviewed

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gus is still making massive mistakes in his choice of team and subs, he still has a lot to learn.This is obously good for us as premier league clubs can also see this , he is clearly not ready for the premier league just yet despite his constant hints when being interviewed

I would agree with that,although you will probably get some flack.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Massive mistakes? Bit harsh, who would you have picked?

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Does Gus have a Cruel Streak?

If he did he'd drop Barnes and nav. Gus brought volks in to partner CMS and help him but they never start together.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Massive mistakes? Bit harsh, who would you have picked?
I would have gone with Buckley and lua lua with Vicente in the middle,I would drop nav's and put some quality in the middle like razak,playing bridcutt and nav's is way to predictable and its to negative,no disrespect to nav's but sparrow,razak and assulin are much better and a few others like jfc.I just think we should be more positive rather than let teams dominate us like they do.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I would have gone with Buckley and lua lua with Vicente in the middle,I would drop nav's and put some quality in the middle like razak,playing bridcutt and nav's is way to predictable and its to negative,no disrespect to nav's but sparrow,razak and assulin are much better and a few others like jfc.I just think we should be more positive rather than let teams dominate us like they do.

Yeah but if we did do that we'd get completely dominated in the midfield when the other team have the ball. We need Navarro, that's why he is one of the first names on the team sheet (love him or hate him)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Personally, i think Gus had one eye on a much more winnable game coming up on Tuesday....our strongest team could've worked their nuts off today and still perhaps got nothing out of the game and also been tired for tuesday night.
Rotation will happen at this stage of the season with games coming thick and fast, and Gus will have his target games where he will expect to win. Sometimes you have to risk defeat in one game to maximise your chances of winning the next. Tactically, although not perfect, Gus is better than he's being given credit for.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He is ruthless in his decisions as a manager has to be, I think he should be using LuaLua more at the moment but he's not victimising LuaLua to prove a point, that's silly.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Personally, i think Gus had one eye on a much more winnable game coming up on Tuesday....our strongest team could've worked their nuts off today and still perhaps got nothing out of the game and also been tired for tuesday night.
Rotation will happen at this stage of the season with games coming thick and fast, and Gus will have his target games where he will expect to win. Sometimes you have to risk defeat in one game to maximise your chances of winning the next. Tactically, although not perfect, Gus is better than he's being given credit for.

But surely Blackpool are play off candidates. You can't give them 3 points on that basis as you haven't gained anything on them even if you win on Tuesday

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus is still making massive mistakes in his choice of team and subs
So we're 8th in the table, and still a good chance of the play-offs, despite him making massive mistakes. Where would we be without these massive mistakes? Our players must be brilliant to be doing so well with such an average manager. It also makes me wonder how Gus won the Football League award this week (which I realise was for last season's work).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah but if we did do that we'd get completely dominated in the midfield when the other team have the ball. We need Navarro, that's why he is one of the first names on the team sheet (love him or hate him)
Disagree as nav's means we sit back more,that means we get dominated.You tell me when we last dominated a game?it's bloody clear why,bridcutt is not that creative on attack and nor is Navarro,that's a big gap in the middle left empty when moving forward,we need to dominate the midfield and I mean in the centre,no bloody way will nav's and briddy be abled to do that,that's why we never dominate games.:D

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cruel? - I don't know; I've never met the man or had any direct dealings with him. Ruthless? - yes, certainly, and long may we have a manager who is ruthless

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Dec 29, 2011
Navarro is a good player. When he plays at the Amex is usually does an effective job, however him and Bridcutt play very similar roles.
If Bridcutt was more attacking it would work, or rotate them with Sparrow/Razak playing a more advanced role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here