Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Europes Ryder Cup victory make you feel...

proud to be European?

• Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just feels good to have stuffed the arrogant Americans. Nothing to do with being European.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i voted yes by accident :jester:

i meant no. seeing the europe plag being lifted meant nothing to me at all rather than 'haha stupid americans'

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I punched the air a few times this weekend. In a sporting capacity it meant a hell of a lot, we don't meet the Americans in many sports that they care about.So when their richest most important celebrities and politicians turn up en masse to see them get humiliated at a sport they take very seriously it fills me with enough happiness to remove the pain of QPR completely.
Remember, George Bush needed a win for PR reasons (he cancelled a visit) and they drafted in the Captain of their biggest warship to speak on thursday,it's taken very seriously over there.This has hurt them.

And it comes at the hands of mostly Brits.

How can you not be passionate about that?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Xenophobic Fools.

When it was just Britain & Ireland we lost 27 Ryder Cups in a row.

However when we pool our collective European talent we win 7 out of the last 10.

Draw your own conclusions...

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Thats only fair, there's 250million of them and only 60m odd Brits.Pretty good returns as it was a very different pointless competition before the late 70s.
Even with the new European countries added, they still ounumber us massively.

The 4x4 relay at the Olympics was another rare but important one.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Brixtaan said:
I punched the air a few times this weekend. In a sporting capacity it meant a hell of a lot, we don't meet the Americans in many sports that they care about.So when their richest most important celebrities and politicians turn up en masse to see them get humiliated at a sport they take very seriously it fills me with enough happiness to remove the pain of QPR completely.
Remember, George Bush needed a win for PR reasons (he cancelled a visit) and they drafted in the Captain of their biggest warship to speak on thursday,it's taken very seriously over there.This has hurt them.

And it comes at the hands of mostly Brits.

How can you not be passionate about that?

Well said my good man. Couldn't agree more

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Brixtaan said:
Even with the new European countries added, they still ounumber us massively.

I think you'll find after the last expansion there are now 350 million European Union citizens but a paltry 260 million in the US.

The EU also won more total medals than the US did at the Greek Olympics.

The EU is more succesful than the US. Fact.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, because just like in politics the UK on its own is weak, but as part of the EU it can be much stronger and beat the likes of the USA.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Strike said:
Personally I think its nice to see Europe win, but at the end of the day, it does not make me feel proud to be European one bit. What are your views.

Channel 5s poll went like this

39% Yes 61% No

Still labouring under the misapprehension that you are NOT European Strike?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
seeing the europe plag being lifted meant nothing to me at all
What is it about the European flag and the English?

The Spanish contingent were waving the Spanish flag alongside the flag of Europe. The Irish were waving their green, white and gold alongside the starry blue. Even Monty was waving the Scottish flag.

Why do the English even discuss these things in terms of "England OR Europe"?

It's not impossible to be proud of both.

Last edited:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Today I have been very European, and loved every minute of it.
Lot of very quite yanks around today in my circles. Something that doesn't happen to often. Enjoy.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Great to stuff the Yanks, but I feel no particular "European pride" - I have no more feelings for that lot on the continent than I do any other nation. Chuffed for our lads, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here