Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Brighton have a football hooligan firm

I remember we was drinking In the William Tell before the match. Blackpool were in town about 88? They brought a few down and when we were in the ground word was that someone had been stabbed down West street. It turned out it was someone I knew from woodingdean and he wasn't really interested in football.

Yeah I remember that day, we had a good drink that lunch time, there was a bit of an off at Hove station afterwards, on the train back to Brighton I was on my own when the carridge filled up with Blackpool, one of them spotted me and instructed his mate to 'slice him up' probably an idle threat, but with the alcohol consumed and I was aware of the stabbing in the Nellie Peck, I legged it off the train, that act of cowardice has lived with me for nearly 30 years.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yeah I remember that day, we had a good drink that lunch time, there was a bit of an off at Hove station afterwards, on the train back to Brighton I was on my own when the carridge filled up with Blackpool, one of them spotted me and instructed his mate to 'slice him up' probably an idle threat, but with the alcohol consumed and I was aware of the stabbing in the Nellie Peck, I legged it off the train, that act of cowardice has lived with me for nearly 30 years.

Thats not Cowardice ,thats knowing when to run , the coward is the goon with the weapon .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I hope you mean the act of cowardice where a large group picks on a lone supporter and threatens to slice him up. Any sane person would exit that situation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Obviously, if you have a spitfire in your back pocket, you stand your ground.

That's not a knife. THIS is a knife. Ok it's an aeroplane. Don't mess with it.

spitfire.jpg

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
vividly remember that day,was standing on the south west corner with the old man,thinking ****ing hell look at all those west ham

then i noticed some "late arrivals" turning up,discussing tactics just behind us,a few minutes later a massive ruck started behind the goal

i've gotta say,i was far too young to get involved (well 14,maybe not :lolol:) but those brighton lads did us proud that day

I was right in the middle of that. I think they started to sing Bubbles and a few of us started Seagulls in return, and they went for us. I was very pleased when those reinforcements saved us. Does anyone remember the crew who sorted West Ham that day? I was very proud.

i was right in the middle of that. I think they started to sing bubbles and a few of us started seagulls in return, and they went for us. I was very pleased when those reinforcements saved us. Does anyone remember the crew who sorted west ham that day? I was very proud.

mixture mid sussex/lancing/worthing they were getting together in the s/w bar,the lads that jumped out the seats mainly mid sussex:moo:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Manfield Game

mixture mid sussex/lancing/worthing they were getting together in the s/w bar,the lads that jumped out the seats mainly mid sussex:moo:

Cheers Rev. Were you part of that?

Does anyone remember a game against Mansfield, maybe a bit ealrier than that, where there was a small mob that were not Brighton (not sure if they were actually Mansfield or another team come for some fun, as they didnt sing). They started in the South Stand and decided it was best not to be there, so moved to the South West. I remember some of the South Stand crew following them round and laying into them; I particulalrly remember a black chap from their mob looking scared and being knocked virtually in the air.

A character involved in that, and often around the South Stand, had long hair, 70s sideboards and often wore a leather overcoat. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Cheers Rev. Were you part of that?

Does anyone remember a game against Mansfield, maybe a bit ealrier than that, where there was a small mob that were not Brighton (not sure if they were actually Mansfield or another team come for some fun, as they didnt sing). They started in the South Stand and decided it was best not to be there, so moved to the South West. I remember some of the South Stand crew following them round and laying into them; I particulalrly remember a black chap from their mob looking scared and being knocked virtually in the air.

A character involved in that, and often around the South Stand, had long hair, 70s sideboards and often wore a leather overcoat. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Mansfield fans they went and stood in the west but couldn't shake off the attention???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here