Does anyone watch The Thick of It

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The BBC comedy series about Whitehall.

Its is quite excellent and I have just watched the spin off, the film In The Loop, which uses the same actors but puts it in a " Iraq war decision" scenario with the UK and the US.

It is very clever

The Cameo performances by Steve Coogan etc are terrific

Its on IPLAYER now

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Haven't been able to watch as much of The Thick of It as I'd have liked, but have also seen In the Loop.
Bloody marvellous! :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, yes I do. Its SUPERB.
Peter Capaldi as the Alistair Campbell-type press officer bully is hilarious.

"If some **** can f*** something up, that **** will pick the worst possible time to f***ing f*** it up cause that ****'s a ****."

Responding to knock at his door: "Come the f*** in or f*** the f*** off."

:lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
One from Jamie that I like:
You take the piss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock! Then I'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle with my f***ing fist. And every time I hear something that I don't like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, if it isn’t Humpty-Numpty, sitting on top of a collapsing wall like some clueless eggcunt.

or

MALCOLM
Your purview? Where do you think you are sweetheart, in some Regency costume drama? This is a government department, not a f***ing Jane Austen novel. Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your purview and ram it up your shitter with a lubricated horse cock.

No, you're right, I'm being unfair. I should be thanking you for not throwing up. Well done, you're a star. You didn't wet yourself, did you? You're in the right city. You didn't say anything overtly racist. You didn't pull your dick out and start plucking it and shouting "Willy Banjo". No, I'm being really unfair. You'd got so much right, without actually being there in the beginning of one of the most important moments of my career. Thanks, you're a legend

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Jamie, the Mr Nasty to Malcolm Tucker's Mr Nice

"You take the piss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock! Then I'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle with my f***ing fist. And every time I hear something that I dont like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I think we should use the carrot and stick approach, yeah. You take a carrot, you stick it up his f***ing arse, followed by the stick ... followed by an even bigger, rougher carrot."

"I'm off to wipe my arse on pictures of Nick Robinson. I'm getting good at giving him a quiff".

"Just old on while I f*** all the 'I's and fist all the 'T's"

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Loved in the loop and have downloaded the last series of Thick of IT but havent watched it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I haven't watched since Chris Langham really found himself in the Thick of It :facepalm:

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
Haven't seen as much of The Thick of It as I'd like to. In the Loop was brilliant. The scene where James Gandolfini as the US General is working out predicted troop losses in a forthcoming invasion of Iraq on that childrens calculator, which makes all those 'boing' noises as he tots it up in the kid's bedroom, is both chilling and hilarious at the same time.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Love the line in In the Loop when Ollie's girlfriend finds out he was unfaithful while in the USA.

Ollie feebly claims that he thought sleeping with an American Intern would help prevent the invasion of Iraq, to which Ollie's (about to be ex-)girlfriend sarcastically replies:

'Oh, so it it was an anti-war shag was it?'.

The programme is pure genius, and Malcolm Tucker's potty-mouthed lines are hilarious. He's a comedy monster in the Basil Fawlty mode, but far more demented, angry and sweary.

And yes, that line: 'Come the fcuk in or fcuk the fcuk off' is one of the funniest ever, but only because of the way that Malcolm says it. I doubt if it would be half as funny if anyone else said it.

Another great line in The Thick Of It was when Malcolm calls Ollie and the ageing Glenn 'Hale and Pacemaker'.

Oh, and he refers to moaning Nicola as a 'glummy mummy'.

It's up there with Fawlty Towers as one of the funniest comedies ever.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's my fave tellybox programme since The Green Wing. Absolutely brilliant. :bowdown:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the only thing that spoils it for me is the way peter capaldi holds his f***ing blackberry with his wierd fingers. it annoys the absolute c-unt out of me.

apart from that, lovely stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Malcolm Tucker on Bloggers: ‘I read all the blogs because I’m an under-employed fat f***ing loser with nothing better to do with my time than sit in my bedroom like a fat space hopper in a tracksuit reading inconsequential un-spellchecked shit, fabricated by other fat f***ing losers.’

Wow - I think he just summed up NSC :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports