Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone watch The Thick of It

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
The BBC comedy series about Whitehall.

Its is quite excellent and I have just watched the spin off, the film In The Loop, which uses the same actors but puts it in a " Iraq war decision" scenario with the UK and the US.

It is very clever

The Cameo performances by Steve Coogan etc are terrific

Its on IPLAYER now

Best comedy since Alan Partridge (yes, better than The Office), but will be a struggle for that to be understood on here !

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Easily the BEST programme on telly. It's a real shame what happened with Chris Langham happened as he was a great character however I think his replacement Nicola Murray does a fine job in the latest series.

There are so many wonderful lines it's difficult to get them all down however nearly all of them come from Malcolm Tucker who is easily one of the greatest comic creations of all time, made even funnier by the fact that he's actually based very closely on Alistair Campbell - a REAL person!

For some reason no matter how many times I see it Malcolm Tucker's early telephone exchange in In The Loop that ends with "fuckity bye" sends me into hysterics every time I hear it.

It's the type of genius comedy that we don't have nearly enough of in this country anymore

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Note passed to assistant Jamie during meeting with blue-sky thinker Julius Nicholson: "Please could you take this note, ram it up his hairy inbox and pin it to his f***ing prostate."

Responding to "do you want to be in the loop? "In the loop? f*** off Andy Pandy I AM the loop."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here