Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would like to say a huge thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread and sent their excellent advice and most important of all, their very best sincere wishes. I am a bit choked up reading everyone's kind words but I am so thankful we have a forum like NSC that is a community and has a heart of a lion. ❤

My mother said she hadn't seen me as upset since I was a little boy last night. There were enough tears to fill a swimming pool! Woah, I feel dehydrated because I lost a lot of water! Things will get better - I'm going to have my fairly good and bad days but hopefully nothing like I felt like last night which was absolutely dreadful.

Five hours sleep is not bad at all. The nightmare was unpleasant but it's just my mind trying to mend itself by trying to get rid of all the traumatic head poo upstairs as quickly as possible I think! It will be a slow process and I will try to limit my posts to all our love of our beautiful football club of Brighton and Hove Albion FC. Let's beat the filth up the road tomorrow! :bloom:
Don't worry about crying. It is a safety valve so don't believe all the nonsense about men not crying. Although you felt bad, it will have helped you to let it out.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Lastly, I can honestly say that there is no one on this entire board that I dislike. Some people don't like to show their emotions. I get that. But we all come together in our hour (or days!) of need. I have always worn my heart on my sleeve, on here, and everything I do in life.

I am just so thankful that I am still alive to annoy everyone! 🤣

Here's to a win tomorrow at Smelhurst! :mitoma2:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just woken from a shocking nightmare and there's no way I can get back to sleep now so I really wanted a bit of company on NSC. Just when I thought things were getting much better (I've been prescribed very strong sleeping tablets from my doctor but couldn't pick them up last night as it was too late in the day at Sainsbury's pharmacy) I dreamt that all my prized possessions were being stolen from me helplessly looking on. It doesn't sound too bad but it's just a lack of control (after losing it on Monday).

I didn't want anyone think I've just got in from clubbing on here. I made really good progress yesterday with speaking to my doctor, getting my phone fixed (settings gone wrong after it went into shock mode. Getting too damn complicated now ,moblies).

I'm really excited about the Crystal Palace match later. I so hope we can get that win. It's going to be a great midfield battle. I just hope the referee doesn't put up with Zaha's diving! 😒

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Morning. I’m up for a very different reason, my 4 month old is awake. After reading this thread I’m glad yesterday was a good day for you.

You don’t have to worry about Zara’s diving as he’s out injured.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Thank you so much for replying mate. Your words are a great comfort.

Feeding time for your little 'un? It'll all be worth it as he/she has got what sounds like a very loving and caring father. 🤗

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Specifically ‘Zaha’s injured’?

As an aside did you grow up in Haywards Heath? I grew up in Lindfield and went to Oathall.
The first part, I've completely lost my sense of humour. Comedy is going over my head at the moment. Feels like I haven't smiled or laughed in days now. :cry:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Something my other half does when she's struggling with anxiety etc. is journaling. She finds that doing a bit of word vomiting onto paper is like a way of ejecting all the negative feelings and worry out of her body.

I can also vouch for a good herbal tea before bed. Sleepytime Tea is good stuff.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Just woken from a shocking nightmare and there's no way I can get back to sleep now so I really wanted a bit of company on NSC. Just when I thought things were getting much better (I've been prescribed very strong sleeping tablets from my doctor but couldn't pick them up last night as it was too late in the day at Sainsbury's pharmacy) I dreamt that all my prized possessions were being stolen from me helplessly looking on. It doesn't sound too bad but it's just a lack of control (after losing it on Monday).

I didn't want anyone think I've just got in from clubbing on here. I made really good progress yesterday with speaking to my doctor, getting my phone fixed (settings gone wrong after it went into shock mode. Getting too damn complicated now ,moblies).

I'm really excited about the Crystal Palace match later. I so hope we can get that win. It's going to be a great midfield battle. I just hope the referee doesn't put up with Zaha's diving! 😒
Hey Mr, how you getting on ? The distraction of a Palace game can only be a good thing !
Ive found that at night having an audio book to listen to really helps my anxiety. I have it on a really low volume so I have to really concentrate.
Something soothing, nature or travel writing is my choice. Just a small thing but it might help.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The truth is everyone through life I expect will have some mental health issues to varying degrees
I’d agree. Some people just mention them more readily than others. Not in a negative way at all. I’m all for anyone, especially men, speaking up about their worries, issues and anxieties.

I’ve been quite open about my own ongoing struggles with OCD, which are less easy to talk about because there’s a lot less understanding amongst people generally about the condition.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I made really good progress yesterday with speaking to my doctor
Hi Durlston - I’m really glad you managed to get an appointment with your doctor and some meds to help you get through the coming days/nights.

I hope you didn’t mind me linking what you are going through now with the other illness you’ve talked about in some length earlier on this thread, I was a bit worried you might think I was being insensitive to bring it up several pages later but I just wanted to validate the impact your accident appears to have had on you and highlight how much worse trauma can be in view of what you are already going through (and I was bit concerned about you too tbh) - It’s excellent NSC is here for you and can offer advice like ‘take care of yourself’, ‘go for a walk’ , ‘your among friends here’ and ‘it’s good to talk‘ etc but sometimes professional help is also needed to accompany the support you can get online and from friends.

I hope you enjoy the football today - what a brilliant time to be a Brighton fan eh! 🙂

EDIT I can only sincerely apologise to Durlston following a message I had received earlier saying my post had apparently upset him - Obviously as Durlston says, people with MH problems are still very much stigmatised so I am deeply shocked that this is how my above post and previous one had come accross. 😳. I hope you feel better soon Durlston and come back soon -please don’t let my clumsy attempts at trying to cheer you up put you off the participating here - there was no malice in my posts 😟

Last edited:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I’d agree. Some people just mention them more readily than others. Not in a negative way at all. I’m all for anyone, especially men, speaking up about their worries, issues and anxieties.

I’ve been quite open about my own ongoing struggles with OCD, which are less easy to talk about because there’s a lot less understanding amongst people generally about the condition.
My wife suffers from OCD. It used be very bad, but she’s learnt (with the help of therapy) how to manage it and live with it. I agree about it not being a well understood condition.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Has anyone got a recommendation for over the counter tablets, gummies that help with anxiety ?
I have heard Ashwagandha is good, but amazon reviews are biased

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Have often contributed to this or similar threads to help others but today I’m as flat as a pancake.

Stupid arguments at home where neither party backs down or sees reason have contributed massively over the last few days [lots of mitigants on both sides] so I know they’ll blow over but as ever that’s just the trigger I didn’t need.

Post Covid has been tough for us all but the loss of two of my most stabilising people [dad and brother in law] has been tremendously hard to take and I haven’t found a way to mourn or replace them yet and it sucks.

Having quite the wobble this evening and the world feels especially dark.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Having quite the wobble this evening and the world feels especially dark.
Sorry to hear that you are feeling so low Bt

Wishing lots of warm thoughts your way. If there’s any way you could maybe phone a friend or other family member to chat?

If you don’t feel comfortable with that, there is always 24hr help at the end of the phone for people in mental health crisis - various numbers in the link

I hope you feel better - and well done for having the courage to reach out ❤️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here