Does anyone fancy a NSC Curry night?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why has this Martyn chap got involved in defending this legal threat if he's now using the defence that it was nothing to do with him? Either put up or shut up. You can't have it both ways.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why has this Martyn chap got involved in defending this legal threat if he's now using the defence that it was nothing to do with him? Either put up or shut up. You can't have it both ways.

For the same reason that we can criticise the legal threat even though it has nothing to do with us, other than being users of NSC.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I disagree. I think it's fair to make a judgement based on what we know: that something was written here about someone they didn't like so threatened legal action. It's a public messageboard, we're encouraged to comment on this. Here is Martyn telling us with nods and winks that he knows what it's all about but refusing to say. Why? It's not sub judice and presumably the comments are all still here on NSC.

Lots of people think threatening legal action was, frankly, pathetic. Perhaps the precious wallflowers are embarrassed now about all this and won't go into further detail because at least with these nods and winks they can continue the pretence that it was about something that wasn't trivial.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I disagree. I think it's fair to make a judgement based on what we know: that something was written here about someone they didn't like so threatened legal action. It's a public messageboard, we're encouraged to comment on this. Here is Martyn telling us with nods and winks that he knows what it's all about but refusing to say. Why? It's not sub judice and presumably the comments are all still here on NSC.

Lots of people think threatening legal action was, frankly, pathetic. Perhaps the precious wallflowers are embarrassed now about all this and won't go into further detail because at least with these nods and winks they can continue the pretence that it was about something that wasn't trivial.

I don't know anything regarding the legal actions or what happened, only the threads. I have a hunch her husband took offense to people saying on a public forum, his wife should be **** *****. People who do now know her. Just a thought. I would probably take huge offense to my partner being referred to like that and I guess you would too. People need to realise their words and behaviour have consequences. Dim wits on internet forums will find this more and more in future.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't know anything regarding the legal actions or what happened, only the threads. I have a hunch her husband took offense to people saying on a public forum, his wife should be **** *****. People who do now know her. Just a thought. I would probably take huge offense to my partner being referred to like that and I guess you would too. People need to realise their words and behaviour have consequences. Dim wits on internet forums will find this more and more in future.

People on here really think that what you type on the internet doesn't matter. Or that because it is on the internet what is written shouldn't bother people. We have an increasing problem with cyber bullying in our society and it is something that shouldn't be taken lightly as it is causing more and more suicides. I just hope the knuckle draggers on here are never effected by such a thing and they can continue to indulge their ignorance.

This forum can be a massive force for good and helping people. It is just a shame that this is the fall out from people helping each other. I still can't see how we have got to this from that thread.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People on here really think that what you type on the internet doesn't matter. Or that because it is on the internet what is written shouldn't bother people.

Indeed - something I have reiterated numerous times. There is not 'real life' and the internet. That distinction disappeared long ago.

This forum can be a massive force for good and helping people.

It is the overwhelming positive community spirit that exists in and around this 'place' that has had me sticking with it for all these years. If an NSCer needs help, of any kind, there will be numerous others offering that help, and will follow through on those offers.

It is just a shame that this is the fall out from people helping each other. I still can't see how we have got to this from that thread.

No, no it wasn't. At least from what I saw and read. It was some mickey taking at some of the language that was becoming prevalent on here, that seemed to touch a raw nerve with many others, who expressed similar feelings. NSC is warm and friendly, but if you're not able to take a bit of mickey taking then you really probably shouldn't be on here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have a hunch her husband took offense to people saying on a public forum, his wife should be **** *****. People who do now know her. Just a thought. I would probably take huge offense to my partner being referred to like that and I guess you would too. People need to realise their words and behaviour have consequences. Dim wits on internet forums will find this more and more in future.

I never saw that, nor do I remember it being reported. It wouldn't be tolerated on here, should moderators be aware, under any circumstances. There is a line and that crosses it massively.

Please point me to the post and if it hasn't been acted upon already, it will be now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Indeed - something I have reiterated numerous times. There is not 'real life' and the internet. That distinction disappeared long ago.

It is the overwhelming positive community spirit that exists in and around this 'place' that has had me sticking with it for all these years. If an NSCer needs help, of any kind, there will be numerous others offering that help, and will follow through on those offers.

No, no it wasn't. At least from what I saw and read. It was some mickey taking at some of the language that was becoming prevalent on here, that seemed to touch a raw nerve with many others, who expressed similar feelings. NSC is warm and friendly, but if you're not able to take a bit of mickey taking then you really probably shouldn't be on here.

To be fair the really vile stuff was not on this site and it was vile. I had a character assassination on there as well from some guy who has never met me, very offensive stuff I could have a positive result for libel as I have quite a few solicitor friends and contacts. I could not be bothered with the hassle though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

You must also be careful not to expose your lack of ability to take a bit of micky taking for fear of the morons going in for the kill. Male orientated environment and all that law of the jungle bollocks is just a weak excuse for bullying those that show a bit of vulnerability.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This forum can be a massive force for good and helping people. It is just a shame that this is the fall out from people helping each other. I still can't see how we have got to this from that thread.

I think you're missing something here, the fallout was because of the excessive bumlicking and hairy fairy xxx,lol,hun etc etc that happened afterwards.

People on here really think that what you type on the internet doesn't matter. Or that because it is on the internet what is written shouldn't bother people. We have an increasing problem with cyber bullying in our society and it is something that shouldn't be taken lightly as it is causing more and more suicides. I just hope the knuckle draggers on here are never effected by such a thing and they can continue to indulge their ignorance.

I disagree to an extent. You can't lump everything into the category of the "internet", there is a big difference between forums such as NSC and social networking sites such as facebook.

On facebook the link to real life is much bigger as people are mostly using their own names and pictures, have friends from real life and usually family. On NSC you can be as annoymous as you want. Bozza, BadFish and Billy the Fish are all ficticous characters, and the postings are made up of mostly opinions rather than emotions. It is impossible to reflect your entire personality in words on this site and as such any stick I take is actually direrected at the ficticious character Billy the Fish, not the real life me. If I don't like how that character is perceived I have the option to stop and start again. Obviously I try and make what I post as close to the real life me as I can, but it's actually impossible because the text I write can be interpreted in so many different ways. People need to realise the difference and then they wouldn't get so upset.

Obviously it's not black and white and the more you link you online persona to the real life 'you', the more personal stuff becomes. US for example used to use his actual name and has done alot for REMF through NSC. Because of that I respect what he posted earlier about turning the other cheeck to abuse directed at him, fair play.

The other two muppets however, need to take a long hard look at themselves.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think you're missing something here, the fallout was because of the excessive bumlicking and hairy fairy xxx,lol,hun etc etc that happened afterwards.

Definitely missing something. The way I saw it was a whole bunch (40ish) of people who wanted to go out for a curry and get to know each other in 'real life' on facebook etc. There seemed to be a whole bunch of people who took offense at this and started to take the piss out of this group until they left. Personally it wouldn't be something i would want to get involved in but i cannot fathom why it is anybody else's business than those who wanted to get involved. Really what the f*** is the problem with people making friends and using airy fairy language on here? It is a bit irritating but do they really deserved to be hounded of off NSC? Yep I am definately missing why people would feel the need to behave in such a way.

The thing I really don't get is why someone would decide to bring it all up again in this thread.

There are more than a couple of muppets who need to take a good hard look at themselves

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Definitely missing something. The way I saw it was a whole bunch (40ish) of people who wanted to go out for a curry and get to know each other in 'real life' on facebook etc. There seemed to be a whole bunch of people who took offense at this and started to take the piss out of this group until they left. Personally it wouldn't be something i would want to get involved in but i cannot fathom why it is anybody else's business than those who wanted to get involved. Really what the f*** is the problem with people making friends and using airy fairy language on here? It is a bit irritating but do they really deserved to be hounded of off NSC? Yep I am definately missing why people would feel the need to behave in such a way.

The thing I really don't get is why someone would decide to bring it all up again in this thread.

There are more than a couple of muppets who need to take a good hard look at themselves

This is all a bit boring now. No one really cares. LG has gone and NSC has survived without her. Time to move on. Dont't worry yourself about it hun xxx lol!!!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Because it wasn't just one thread was it? It was taking over the entire board. And I wasn't too worried about the 'main' threads involved - it was just the fact that the forum was increasingly becoming full of threads hijacked by chat room style posting - short posts, lots of text speak, and worst of all lots of tedious little in references ("oh., but we all know I never do the washing up lol xx"). Much as there was probably some 'over the top' stuff said, it's also true that some people were politely told that they were annoying NSC, then jokingly told, and got in a flouncy huff about it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Because it wasn't just one thread was it? It was taking over the entire board. And I wasn't too worried about the 'main' threads involved - it was just the fact that the forum was increasingly becoming full of threads hijacked by chat room style posting -
short posts, lots of text speak, and worst of all lots of tedious little in references ("oh., but we all know I never do the washing up lol xx").

A heinous crime

Much as there was probably some 'over the top' stuff said, it's also true that some people were politely told that they were annoying NSC, then jokingly told, and got in a flouncy huff about it.

To be honest it is only really the over the top stuff that i have a problem with.

Anyway it is done and dusted, not sure there is much point in getting into it any further.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To be fair the really vile stuff was not on this site and it was vile. I had a character assassination on there as well from some guy who has never met me, very offensive stuff I could have a positive result for libel as I have quite a few solicitor friends and contacts. I could not be bothered with the hassle though.

Don't worry about it. I've had Bushy banging on at me for ages and sending PM's threatening to find out who and where I am and come round and force me to do this or that. I wish he would, I'd have him in court in a flash but what's the point, childish fools.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Because it wasn't just one thread was it? It was taking over the entire board. And I wasn't too worried about the 'main' threads involved - it was just the fact that the forum was increasingly becoming full of threads hijacked by chat room style posting - short posts, lots of text speak, and worst of all lots of tedious little in references ("oh., but we all know I never do the washing up lol xx"). Much as there was probably some 'over the top' stuff said, it's also true that some people were politely told that they were annoying NSC, then jokingly told, and got in a flouncy huff about it.

This.

Lady Gull and her sycophants were the most annoying thing on NSC this side of Palace trolls.

No loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports