Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie has gone!

I suppose the obvious question is, Did Gillinham have their reserves out and exactly how bad were they and the rest of the Palace team for Dobbie to get MoM?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shit, obviously we are all wrong about Dobbie, it seems we let a gem go for 850k, gutted. MOM in a pre season against Gillingham, obviously Dobbie is gonna set the Premier League alight now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very poor player for us.
Very expensive wages.

Very happy he has gone.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seems better for us.
Wages are affordable to us.

Pleased we have got him.

We're all happy.

Of course they're affordable to you.

You're a Premier League team. He's a (moderate) Championship player. Ideal :thumbsup:

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Is it really lost on you how this argument reads?
Brighton buy player, he's not good for them, they sell player, player turns out to be better for that team. And you laugh at the team that now has a player performing better than Brighton could?

You probably need to get back to the "our attendances are bigger than yours and have been for 2 seasons now!" argument.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Is it really lost on you how this argument reads?
Brighton buy player, he's not good for them, they sell player, player turns out to be better for that team. And you laugh at the team that now has a player performing better than Brighton could?

You probably need to get back to the "our attendances are bigger than yours and have been for 2 seasons now!" argument.

It was a friendly against Gillingham fella. We call this 'Kevin McLeod Syndrome'.

This guy is a total and utter cretin.

Registered on here after they got promoted, he was probably one of the 18,000 whose first game all season was the Final.

Can't we just ban all the tools to an away end and go and poke them with a stick every now and then?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This guy is a total and utter cretin.

Registered on here after they got promoted, he was probably one of the 18,000 whose first game all season was the Final.

Can't we just ban all the tools to an away end and go and poke them with a stick every now and then?

be fair there are a few Albion fans came on here after the semi shall we ban all of them:lolol:

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
It was a friendly against Gillingham fella. We call this 'Kevin McLeod Syndrome'.

What does the Gillingham friendly have to do with anything? I'm basing the opinion I have of Dobbie on the games he has played for us in which he helped greatly to drag us over the line into the playoffs. Hilian - I'm really not sure what your problem is but don't read what i post if it really offends you that much - ignore me.

What does the Gillingham friendly have to do with anything? I'm basing the opinion I have of Dobbie on the games he has played for us in which he helped greatly to drag us over the line into the playoffs. Hilian - I'm really not sure what your problem is but don't read what i post if it really offends you that much - ignore me.

Will you go back to supporting Chelsea when Palace get relegated?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He helped you into 5th, below us. Your form towards end of season was utterly horrific - was he really that much of a help? Remember quite a few Palace fans getting very frustrated with him?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All forgotten now.

We love Wurzel, we love Wurzel!

It definitely has been completely forgotten that we were actually the BETTER side over a whole season. Understandably, as they beat us when it mattered, but a season's form suggests we had the better team.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
He helped you into 5th, below us. Your form towards end of season was utterly horrific - was he really that much of a help? Remember quite a few Palace fans getting very frustrated with him?

I'd say he was actually mate. Scored goals in two important games to earn draws. I just think that he will be a relatively important squad player for us next season and totally appreciate that he did not produce for you guys for whatever reason but my point is that I don't see how any of this is a stick to beat Palace with? A player you had who was bad for you is now with us and doing better. Am I missing something?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Palace were looking a good bet for 2nd when Jobbie joined; they were certainly nailed on top 6 and 11pts plus a game in hand above Brighton IIRC. As such, I'd say that to claim he dragged you over the line is a bit of an exaggeration. More a case of dragged you down.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It definitely has been completely forgotten that we were actually the BETTER side over a whole season. Understandably, as they beat us when it mattered, but a season's form suggests we had the better team.

Oh my word :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here