Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you watch these grim ISIS execution videos?

Do you watch ISIS execution videos?

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Haven't watched any of the executions. Can't imagine it looking any worse than the horrific scenes at 9/11, which the whole world sat and watched.

Watching a building collapse with the knowledge that people are inside is entirely different to seeing the emotion of a person being decapitated, up close and personal.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes i have many. Curiosity gets the best of me i'm afraid.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Aren't we glorifying the executions right now by discussing it?

any sort of attention towards the executions is a win for ISIS is it not?

Burying our heads in the sand is not the answer, we need to discuss and overcome. We cannot simply turn our heads and look the other way, you need to face these things head on and face the demon and know what it is capable of and how to combat it.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Burying our heads in the sand is not the answer, we need to discuss and overcome. We cannot simply turn our heads and look the other way, you need to face these things head on and face the demon and know what it is capable of and how to combat it.

These wars have never been about public opinion. How many people protested against the invasion of Iraq?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No - tho you can bet your life the kids on the back seat of the school bus watch them all.

It is hard to go through life without seeing something gruesome. We have been watching the worst side of humanity since the early days of being able to film on the scene. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have documented evidence of where we are in our evolution because it is a reminder of who we are and how humanity needs to progress. Without film it ends up being myth and legend.

We are still going through events that will be considered an extension of the biblical era, but with technology, when our species looks back at us in a few thousand years.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I voted "other".

If you use twitter as a news source things like this crop up. Usually they are edited and they actual act isn't shown. However I did see one with the French guy in Algeria, I have absolutely no desire to see another.

It was horrific and I cried.

There are some incredibly disturbed people out there who are prepared to commit heinous acts.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It is hard to go through life without seeing something gruesome. We have been watching the worst side of humanity since the early days of being able to film on the scene. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have documented evidence of where we are in our evolution because it is a reminder of who we are and how humanity needs to progress. Without film it ends up being myth and legend.

We are still going through events that will be considered an extension of the biblical era, but with technology, when our species looks back at us in a few thousand years.

Can you explain what you mean about an "extension of the biblical era"?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Are you including Youtube into that?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I voted "other".

If you use twitter as a news source things like this crop up. Usually they are edited and they actual act isn't shown. However I did see one with the French guy in Algeria, I have absolutely no desire to see another.

It was horrific and I cried.

There are some incredibly disturbed people out there who are prepared to commit heinous acts.
Agree. Very rarely you get to see the whole footage as it is edited at the crucial moment.Even the French guy in Algeria.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Anyone think they might be fake considering it's all done by amateurs?

Shouldn't we be questioning the producer of these videos like we usually do?

Or are ISIS really that powerful?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
When I was about 12 I walked into the living room where my father was watching a documentary. I saw what I thought was a video of a young asion man being shot in the head at point blank range.

I have since discovered through its pure fame that it was of Eddie Adam’s famous photograph of a Vietcong Guerilla being executed during the Vietnamese War.

To this day I am convinced I saw a video as I remember seeing his body slump after impact but the photo is famous enough for me to think this could have been my young mind playing tricks on me.

Needless to say it was enough for me and left me very upset as a young Clive Walker.

Recent research has lead me to understand that the victim was actually guilty of many evils himself but it still reminds me of the innocent feeling of distress that such things could have occurred.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I saw the original Daniel Pearl one,..... that shook the b'jesus out of me,..... never again,... and I continue to badger my two children ( 24 and 26) not to be tempted,.... its just too disturbing.......

Same here. That's the only one I have watched. Before that I thought they did beheading with a single chop with an axe or sword. I learnt differently and I never want to see it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here