Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you watch these grim ISIS execution videos?

Do you watch ISIS execution videos?

• Total voters

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I remember a spate of "snuff" movies being discussed in the early days of video players. I was always curious as to whether these were really people being killed but even then never had the balls or inclination to actually watch, Like Pasty I'm a bit of a wooss and don't even watch horror movies though.

This copy was of genuine executions ( from WW2, State and public executions and war crimes, all caught on camera) and was legal to buy for a short while. It had been on public sale unnoticed until the press got hold of the story. Suddenly sales rocketed courtesy of the free press coverage and then the government blacklisted the video and it was taken off sale.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Nope.
Couple of the muppets in the IT group at work seem to like downloading all these kind of things (obviously at home) and then describing them. Someone had a word (me ;-) ) after receiving a number of compliants at their graphic descriptions!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Its a good question , and i cant say i have seen any of these so called religious executions nor do i want to , but at the same time if anything comes on the telly to do with auschwitz and the death camps i cant help but watch them , is there is a difference ? im not so sure , but i wold wager 99% of posters on here at some point would have watched the vile inhumane cruelty inflicted by the nazis upon what they saw as inferior human beings .

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
have seen a couple on peoples phones......surprisingly disturbing how the images and sounds stay with you.....i think once you have killed another human being with your own hands that you have crossed a gap that you cannot come back from , this is another compelling reason for jihadists being point blank refused re-entry to U.K , Aus or wherever they are trying to return to.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No. Never have, never will. Don't understand why anyone would, unless in some professional capacity.

Quite apart from not wishing to commit such scenes to my memory, there is the aspect that they WANT you to watch them. They are filming them because they want you to be repulsed, shocked, scared. I'd rather not give them want they want.

Admirable post....exactly my view too. That said I'd be happy to watch 'Jihad John' lose his head.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I came across a still of one of them by accident, and I've not been able to get the image out of my head. I have no desire whatsover to watch any of the videos.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For a very short time in the mid nineties there was a video tape you could purchase, that featured quite a number of executions in various guises. A mate managed to get a copy before the video was blacklisted and taken off the shelves. Curiosity got the better of me and I watched some of the video. I was cured from that moment at wanting to see another human being lose their life in the manner that I witnessed.

Snap. Watching that video still haunts me after 25+ years. I don't plan to watch anything like that again.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nope, even when I was younger I didn't really see the appeal.

Have a few mates that look but I just don't get it.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Admirable post....exactly my view too. That said I'd be happy to watch 'Jihad John' lose his head.

But this is the whole point... what is the difference. A beheading is a beheading? I don't think I would want the image of a beheading in my memory no matter who it was...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i watched one a while ago of a russian soldier being beheaded by a chechen rebel when i was about 15 i think out of morbid curiosity, and i felt physically sick, was shaking, and couldnt get it out of my head for a long time. since then i've tried to give it a swerve whenever i hear about it, although i did watch the video of the policeman being shot in paris, which i immediately regretted

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone who actually makes a concious effort to view these videos has got something wrong with them IMO.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I had to vote for the 'sometimes' option.

I saw one of the first beheading videos on twitter soon after it happened, I'm not sure if it was edited, as you didn't see the act taking place just the build up of 'John' doing his speech and then a scan of the scene afterwards, or if that's how the videos are in the first place.

No interest in seeing any more though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had to vote for the 'sometimes' option.

I saw one of the first beheading videos on twitter soon after it happened, I'm not sure if it was edited, as you didn't see the act taking place just the build up of 'John' doing his speech and then a scan of the scene afterwards, or if that's how the videos are in the first place.

No interest in seeing any more though.

Same here. Also put 'sometimes' as I did search once, also out of morbid curiosity (I think almost subconsciously thinking no-one would do something like this), nothing more. It was just awful (I know, 'no shit Sherlock' etc) - can't remember the name but it was the guy beheaded by Saddam Hussein's people several years ago. I have inadvertently seen stills of some of the recent atrocities in Syria that came up on google too. I avoid at all costs now, too distressing and as others have said get committed to memory.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I watched a couple of Russian soldier ones from the Chechen War before we went into Afghanistan and I came away a different person. I had an overwhelming sense of sadness at how fragile life is and how cruel our species can be. I wouldn't watch another one again but I felt for me it was more about facing up to what we can become rather than shying away from it. Sometimes we have to see the madness to not only believe it, but to really feel it, because psychologically it opens up what we prefer to keep wrapped up in a box tied and with a bow.

It also gave me an insight to what war is really about instead of being fed a video game of smart bomb warfare, where we only see the destruction of buildings and not the whites of the eyes of people who are meeting their death.

So no I haven't seen any recent or ISIS ones.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Unfortunately yes, not through choice but in a professional capacity. I've seen worse scenes in real life in the forces but not in terms of barbarity or lack of humanity. If any joker tried to show me one on his phone I would take the phone and stamp on it until destroyed then give the tw4t a slap for good measure.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Someone once described what happened during the Ken Biggley beheading. I stupidly thought it was done with a large sword and was on straight blow. When i actually heard how it was carried out i couldnt continue listening to the way it was none, o i couldnt watch it for sure.

I do have a worry that it is taking so long to track down this so called Jihadi John an kill him. The US special forces eventually tracked down and killed Osamah Bin Laden and he was well hidden. I think a special effort needs to be made to find this guy but i don't want him executed. I would rather he was imprisoned. I don't want him to have any association with Martyrdom

Also if he is publicly executed then we are no better than he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here