Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want us to win or lose on Friday night?

Do you want us to win or lose on Friday night?

• Lose - short term pain to get Hyypia out

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Win - obviously

Votes: 193 87.7%

• Total voters

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I should make it clear that I very much want us to win on Friday but based on some posts on this board I wondered whether there is an element that don't. It seems there is.

If we win 1-0 with an own-goal, having had no shots on target during a dismal game in which Millwall look better than us, leaving you as sure as you can be that we will lose the rest of our games in December under the current management...would you take that over a defeat which gives us a new manager going in to games the squad could win but are unlikely to on current form?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hate to say it but I genuinely am 51% not wanting to lose 49% wanting us to lose . I fear I will be in the wanting us to lose very soon tho :(

To me tho at least if we did lose (without actually wishing it) he really has to go. If we dont get rid then for me its sayonara Albion home games and only going to Wolves A and Fulham A because stupidly I already have a ticket.

A lot of fans are torn by their feelings at the moment, and it is most uncomfortable. I don't blame any fan for staying away.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My only comment to this sad question is could the OP ' name and shame' the miserable disloyal few who seek a loss (six at present) That we may discover the enemy within.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If a win means Sami stays till after the next window closes then I'd take a defeat if it means he's gone immediately.

Sometimes you just need to look at the bigger picture.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
WIN...of course!

I'm now sort of coming round to the idea that there is little point in sacking SH anyway because

1) the key "players" overseeing our dramatic fall (Barber & the Burke) will still be there stuffing things up for the new incumbent

and

2) Had there been any quality applicants when we recruited SH then surely we would have given them the job in the first place. Why do we seem to struggle to attract quality applicants? A hangover from the Gus experience putting some applicants off maybe?

and

3) I'm not convinced that SH will be sacked anyway given the Chairman's support and endorsement. Either TB's ego won't allow him to kick out our triumvirate of hopelessness....or maybe the money just isn't there to pay SH off.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Win, for sure. I'd never want us to lose, but this game is even more important than others as it's a proper relegation 6 pointer.

Of course that doesn't mean I don't want Hyypia out - and out in time for his replacement to know what he wants to do in the January transfer window.

Would it be wrong though, not to be disappointed at all if we only win 1-0 with a dodgy penalty?

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
I never want to see my team lose and I don't believe the useless numpty will get the sack.
The only thing that gives me hope is that ire,ember some years ago when Bobby Robson was managing england they were awful, but due to injuries he accidentally hit on a winning team and system that took us to the World Cup semi-final.
Maybe just maybe that might happen before its too late, then again I do still believe in Father Christmas!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
People only want Hyypia to go because we don't win. If we start winning there is no issue.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
You can't have it both ways
90% on here want Hyypia out, if we win he stays and we carry on being crap lose 4 draw 4 win 1 (relegation)
If we lose almost certain he'll be gone, and together we as a club and supporters can hopefully all start pulling in the same direction
Sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better
BIN THE FINN & let's start climbing the table, wanting just one defeat for my club won't haunt me and scar me for life and at the end of the day ITS ONLY A GAME :ban:

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I voted lose, not because of sami but we will lose. God knows what his team wil be on friday, Plays defense midfielders at home and none away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here