Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think we’ll be top ten by the end of next season

Do you think we’ll finish top 10 next season?

• Total voters

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This is a lowly aspiration but I'd take not worrying about relegation by Feb at the latest.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blimey, I just checked and we dropped 25 points from winning positions last season? 25?!

I knew it was a lot but that's something else.

To paraphrase Lady Bracknell, to lose 10 points from a winning position may be regarded as misfortune but to lose 25 looks like carelessness (with apologies to the similarity named NSC poster)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd be amazed, and delighted obviously.

I expect much the same but will be happy enough.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Comfortably top 10. I'm actually looking at us finishing 7th. We don't have to sell anyone, but if we do we clearly have a replacement ready to slot in. Personally I think we will sell Biss which will fund the new striker and we will also sign a proper left wing back. So basically I think we will do a West Ham and have a season of punching a little above our anticipated mid table position.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Not next year...but maybe the year after followed by a europa league spot the year after...thats the long term plan for the club regardless of which players and manager come and go in between... We are in safe hands...

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Given current squad anywhere between 10th-14th so some improvement as long as we stop leaking goals in the 89th minute.

Think the promoted lot are straight back down, so all us bottom feeders will survive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What we do know - that the guy at the top wants more points and places next season.

What we don't know - if we'll have the players to to achieve it.

Therefore went for the fence option.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So TB is on record that this is the aim for next season not in the vague future.

Much will depend on who we sign and who we sell but what is your gut feeling today?

Poll option the equivalent of fence is there, which should be the winner….

Not sure he actually did.. what he said was top ten was a 'realistic aim to have'

That's not saying 'we aim to be top ten' but more 'top ten is something we aspire to'.

Not quite the same thing.

Semantics aside... Sell one of Biss/White and use that money to recruit a new wunderkind striker from some far flung corner of the world (who actually has permission to enter the country). Feed some more academy talent into the squad. Get everyone fit and healthy again. Then, yes, top half would be 'possible'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Not sure he actually did.. what he said was top ten was a 'realistic aim to have'

That's not saying 'we aim to be top ten' but more 'top ten is something we aspire to'.

Not quite the same thing.

Semantics aside... Sell one of Biss/White and use that money to recruit a new wunderkind striker from some far flung corner of the world (who actually has permission to enter the country). Feed some more academy talent into the squad. Get everyone fit and healthy again. Then, yes, top half would be 'possible'.

I read a good debunking of this yesterday - possibly by [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] ?

Anyway, I'm paraphrasing but snipers or archers who miss a realistic aim don't tend to last very long was the gist of it. Similarly, in business, if my CEO tells me something is a realistic aim for the coming calendar year I'm clever enough to understand that the subtext is that he'll be disappointed (and be asking questions) if we don't achieve it.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I will wait until the transfer window closes before guessing

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is a lot to fall into place for us to get anywhere near top 10. I am not expecting it. I would like us to avoid relegation a little earlier than the season just gone and have some more success against the clubs at the bottom end. That would make for a good season.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Miracles do happen.......... Six years ago, 5000/1 at season start Leicester won the League !!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Sensible option. Need to see who leaves and who joins first. We need competition for the forwards and need to keep 2 of White, Biss, Lamptey IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here