Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think we’ll be top ten by the end of next season

Do you think we’ll finish top 10 next season?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So TB is on record that this is the aim for next season not in the vague future.

Much will depend on who we sign and who we sell but what is your gut feeling today?

Poll option the equivalent of fence is there, which should be the winner….

I genuinely don’t think we will, people say Potter, White Buss etc but we had them this year….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If we can find the missing link up front then possibly.

If we go with Gyokeres and Zeqiri then probably not.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At the end of the day, it's all a bit random and lucky, to a point. Look at Wolves – they had a shocker last season after a great one before. Even worse for Sheff U.

Then contrast that with West Ham or – to a point – Aston Villa. Complete opposite.

Personally I'm not getting too hung up on final positions, what will be will be. Obviously I'd like to see the same great football being rewarded with more points (and that comes with a higher position in the table), but there's more to it than that for me. Just being back in the stadium and cheering on the boys – with *my* boys – will be enough for me next season :albion2:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Potter in or out i would be astounded to make the top half. 3 more wins than this year rather than draws and we will be cooking on gas.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I doubt it, but I can see us finishing around 12th or so.

The reality is we were 18 points, six wins, short of 10th last year. That's a big step. I know we drew too many games but we'd have had to have turned 9 of those 14 draws into wins to have made up those points.

Last season did have a ridiculously high points total for 10th so I guess it all depends on other teams - we were only 4 points shy in our first PL season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
As things stand no, keep Biss, White and Welbeck, mid-table so possibly 9th - 12th (which i personally would be delighted with as that would be our highest ever finish).

Keep those 3 and add a decent striker, lwb and a right sided striker/winger and i think we could be aiming much higher, big ask though to get the required standards for those positions unless maybe some are already here in the acadamy and ready to step up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, that would be very un-NSC like.

Exactly, maybe we should stop any Albion discussion until players arrive or leave? Season is over and the next one is a while away.

I’m sure there are some posters who log off at season’s end and don’t come back until pre season. Probably the sensible ones :lolol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If we keep Lallana & Welbeck (as off the bench options); Potter, Sanchez, and Dunk; one of Biss and White; get the majority of the season out of March and Lamptey, and sign a striker who is modestly successful, then I think we could - though it would still be a bit of a stretch. The more we fail to achieve the above list, the less likely iy becomes.

AKA - too early to tell.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn’t it a bit early for predictions before we’ve completed our transfer business?

Yeah. Icy sure has egg on his face right now for not seeing that and taking it into account with the poll options nor suggesting it be the correct answer. Boy, I bet his face is brightly gleaming red as the shame cascades over him.

D

Deleted member 2719

Never like to sit on the fence, but this is impossible to predict for many reasons. Potter being the big one.
Icy, your premature old chap.:salute:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No but think it will be our first season where we are sitting comfortably mid table looking up rather than down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here