Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] do you think this is credible..?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's a bit dubious, says seven countries make up more than 50% of cases, then lists six, being able to count is a fairly basic requirement for creating accurate statistics.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not sure where you are getting 3% from. The pie chart, for what it's worth, states 4 out of just shy of 300.

Anyway, no one seems to know that the pie chart is trying to tell us or how that data has been obtained.

My retraction was literally the last post when you posted and therefore now directly above your reply. :smile:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That methodology is flawed. Does suggest that UK based racists weren't sat up at 2am posting bile ... I guess ...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The first thing to note is that only posts made between 11.30pm and 11.30am. This may indeed be immediately after the match when passions were high, and after 11.30am the story had broken, so a 24 hour analysis wouldn't help, but it certainly makes a global interpretation of the results difficult.

The numbers are small - too small for the reaction this story got perhaps? Retweets not factored in I assume.

However it is interesting to a degree, and fits with anecdotal evidence that the people who get most angry are those who lost a lot of money betting on the game, we know there are a lot of Asians in that category.

It also fits with my own experience of Indonesians being racist to black people - not universal, but certainly present. I already expect racism to black people from middle-eastern and southern Asian societies. One only has to see the reverence given to people with fairer skin in this region.

It does nothing to clear our own society of racial issues, and social media needs to get its house in order.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The suggestion is , i think that online abuse is heavily driven by gambling.....thought i'd see what some of you guys thought .

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The suggestion is , i think that online abuse is heavily driven by gambling.....thought i'd see what some of you guys thought .

That is very good point, a lot it could well be fuelled by online gambling, we know that racism is rife in the far and Middle East, never really looked at from this angle.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That is very good point, a lot it could well be fuelled by online gambling, we know that racism is rife in the far and Middle East, never really looked at from this angle.

the 15 year old irish kid who abused Ian Wright did so because of a poor performance in a fifa computer game....:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here