Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think that Gus will start with Barnes a start tomorrow?

Will Gus give Barnes a start tomorrow?

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Kaz is certainly an option if we are really going to go for it but I'd worry that his defensive play isn't as good as Barnes.

Whatever, it is a great position for Gus to be in as any one of Hammond, Barnes or Kaz is a good option. He may even spring Vicente from the off, but that may be a bit too cavalier given the importance of the game?

I may be wrong, but I'd have thought Gus would want Vicente on in extra time against a tired Palace, and for the shootout if necessary, and I doubt he could last 120 mins. Would be astounded if the dagger started.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good poll options. Interesting that half think he will, half think he won't, but regardless of that, most think Gus will agree with them.

My view is keep him on the bench. One striker up front has been working for us, and we've got extra time to consider.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I think ulloa may be benched for Barnes with extra time in mind?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I dont think he will, i would say bring Barnes on with about 15-20 minutes to go, hopefully by then the Palace defenders will start to get tired so then he could maybe nick a goal or 2 but hopefully by then we will already have the tie won :)

My team for tomoz

Kuszczak
Calderon - Greer - Upson - Bridge
Bridcutt
Lopez - Orlandi
Buckley - Ulloa - LuaLua

Subs
Ankergren, El-Abd, Painter, Hammond, Crofts, Vicente, Barnes

If i remember rightly that was the starting 11 for the game here back in March so why not use what you know can rip them apart

Love the attacking line up but if all doesn't go to plan them there's not much to bring on and change the game.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
According the Arsegas today, Gus has named and unchanged squad for tomorrow.

Might be a bit of mind games for Worzel, though, and then Gus changes it at the last minute.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wouldn't because of the number of options we have available. For me, this would do it;

Kuszczak
Calderon Greer Upson Bridge
Dave Bridcutt Vicente
Buckley Ulloa LuaLua​

Hammond for Vicente after 70 mins when we're out of sight, and Barnes for LuaLua to close the game out entirely.

No offence to Hammond, but I think the above shape would be glorious and we need to exactly copy what we did on St Patricks Day. :thumbsup:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Same starting XI as Friday and change depending on how the game is going. Hammond has been outstanding over the last few games and looks like scoring from midfield.

I was a bit concerned when Kaz came on, he didn't seem to get past his full back once.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Talk about taking pedantry to the extreme - I think we all know what he meant.
Er, no, we don't. I'm assuming he's named an unchanged squad. It would be surprising if he named the team this far in advance, he doesn't like to tell the opposition his plans.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
No, I don't think he will. In my view, we will either be unchanged from Friday or, if he really wants to go all out attack, LuaLua will come in for Orlandi or Hammond.

As said elsewhere, Barnes is needed for back up to Ulloa, especially as we could play 120 minutes and I doubt Ulloa will last that long given the work he puts in and that it is only 3 days since the first leg. If we have to take Ulloa off, we need a fresh Barnes to come on up front.

I agree. I don't think it's known how long Ulloa will last, therefore start with him and replace him with Barnes when he gets tired.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I don't know who will start but really think it would be a gamble to start without a striker on the bench...Barnes to come on hungry when needed

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
No. Same team as Friday unless injury/suspension gets in the way. Don't change anything, with Murray out and possibly cry baby jonny Williams, we will have too much for them. Barnes deserves his spot on the bench with the option to come on if and when necessary, but definitely no to changing team shape to accommodate him, not a chance.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As a team determined to be hard to beat, i don't think the dropping of Hammond is the wisest move. I go along with a couple of suggestions that it's the left-wing role that's a toss-up between Barnes, Orlandi and KLL. The tiredness of Orlandi and KLL's goalscoring form could be influential.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
much rather see barnes or kaz start than orlandi, he was poor in the 2nd half Friday, much like he was away at forest, all weak and feeble, need more muscle and barnes looked good when he came on. To my mind its no use trying to play the game making sure not to lose, we have to go for it. Hammond was ineffectual with the chances he had to score too, id like to think kaz or barnes would have done better, given the same opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here