Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Graham Potter will be our manager at the start of next season?

Do you think Graham Potter will be our manager at the start of next season

• Total voters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Both Potter and Bloom are committed to this as a long term project.

This season showed a huge step forward and then injuries, players sales and loss of form has made us take a step back again ….. was always likely it would happen to some degree. Hopefully it’s shown both of them where we need to improve the squad and we go again in August.

I do believe next season he will be judged more harshly, but again that’s only fair if we actually invest in a squad with the ability to play the way Potter wants.

That's a bloody big "IF"!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I hope and think he will be.

However, I do believe things are a bit stale at the moment so I think some changes are needed in the summer. Personally I would like that to be a bit of a squad refresh with a number of players going and some fresh faces coming in who are actually first team ready. He deserves better players to work with IMO, we have a squad of very average players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Underneath it all Potter must be disappointed with the lack of goals. The long term project is obviously long term improvement in incremental stages. This season was on target for something of a leap which had us all overexcited. Bloom will be happy with small marginal increases but I fear some staff, players and fans won’t have the patience to see it through and we will continue to have threads like this to mull over it all.

I was of the impression Mr Bloom had had enough of 'just surviving' which led to HIS Top 10 comment.
(CJ's alert has just sounded and be along in 26 seconds to explain the nuance, and why what the comment from the club actually meant was finishing in our usual 16th)

I don't think GPott is on the firmest of grounds regarding the long term project.
As said elsewhere for me it's all rather dependant on how much responsibility Mr Bloom holds for the current slide.

I think it's enough to keep GPott in his job.
But not enough to carry into another famine (hoping for some kind of feast in the meantime)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Funny feeling he’ll walk.

Strikes me as someone who if he isn’t enjoying it will walk and take time off.

Don’t want him to, but if he does, big thank you and move on……

He’ll then appear at Newcastle early in 2023, if Simeone isn’t their manager by then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Against my wishes for sure, my gut said we'd vote leave and my gut said Trump would become president and my gut today says Potter will be gone (after a shocking run of losses).

But my gut also said that Corbyn would become PM, so my gut evidently knows **** all.

With 34 points on the board I can't help feeling that whatever happens hereon is a win-win, asTony Bloom must realise that he will have to spend more than he might have wished, regardless of whether we have "bounce-back" Potter still at the helm, or he's looking for a new man to revitalize the LLLLLLDLLLLLLLLL boys.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Hope he’s gone.

I’m bored of the same stuff each game. Season over season we get served the same thing where we hit a slump and potter is unable to pull the players out of it.

We play pretty but we’re mostly dross.

Some people over play this “project” idea. It’s meaningless. It’s just another way of saying baby steps and allows for ups and downs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hahahaha - there's delusion and then there's

big thank you and move on……

Come on my friend you're not wet behind the ears.

If anything this place will become MORE GPott obsessed as and when he's no longer here and worst still if he was elsewhere in the EPL.

The factions are so far entrenched it'll be impossible to move on.
The amount of whatifary will spill into generations to come.

Winning the Champions League with Calde & Bruno in charge would still result in a -

'well if GPott was backed like this...' thread

before the trophy was even lifted.

:lolol:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the whole “Potter’s stock has dropped” narrative is probably a bit off the mark. I could very well imagine the decision makers at most Premier League clubs would look at our situation and see for themselves that if Potter was given a Gerrard style budget, Viera’s wealth of attackers or Leicester’s squad then he’d be able to do an excellent job. I don’t think he’s flawless by any stretch, but his budget/squad limitations are holding us back.

This. Graham Potter will be judged, from the outside, by the way the team played when he had a full compliment of fit players at the beginning of the season.

They will see the style and ethos of play and judge on that.

Its only internally, as in us fickle fans that like to see things differently, in the same way as we covert other teams strikers, as they MUST be better than ours!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If you were to time travel back to pre season and show a copy of the table as it is, you would make a lot of Brighton fans happy.

Had our recent Ls been spread over the season, it wouldn't fell so bad as we would be ticking points over to stay well clear of trouble.

The recent form is terrible and concerning because breaking and changing runs is tough.

I think he'll still be here but we need to end the season with some fukken wins and a little bit more swagger in the box.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
For what it is worth, I think he is doing a reasonable job with the resources and budget he has available.

I cannot see any significant transfer outlay in the Summer whoever is sold. His best hope is in a couple of the returning loanees sparking a revival.

Will this be good enough for him? I think he will walk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the whole “Potter’s stock has dropped” narrative is probably a bit off the mark. I could very well imagine the decision makers at most Premier League clubs would look at our situation and see for themselves that if Potter was given a Gerrard style budget, Viera’s wealth of attackers or Leicester’s squad then he’d be able to do an excellent job. I don’t think he’s flawless by any stretch, but his budget/squad limitations are holding us back.

Exactly.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The excuses for this man’s failings are incredible. Some fooled by useless possession stats others can see the bigger picture.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Graham Potter will be judged, from the outside, by the way the team played when he had a full compliment of fit players at the beginning of the season.

They will see the style and ethos of play and judge on that.

Its only internally, as in us fickle fans that like to see things differently, in the same way as we covert other teams strikers, as they MUST be better than ours!

Fickle fans who dream of the occasional home win.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not bothered one way or the other really

Performance art football is all well and good, but most of us want to see goals and some wins, not chess with a ball.

Fully aware wins go both ways!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised either way. Still a bit left of the season, a lot can happen.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I am really enjoying the football we play now. The only complaint is that we don’t win enough games but this is the Premier League and wins are hard to come by.
We haven’t had to worry about relegation all season despite what some doomsayers are predicting. This is the mid table mediocrity we dreamed of, not going down, not going to Europe.
I am pretty sure Charlton fans used to moan about being bored. Be careful what you wish for.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is absolutely no way Tony Bloom will get rid of him, even if we lose every remaining game this season (and we could, though almost certainly won't).

All the time that cutting our losses and cashing in on our good players is prioritised over results, Potter will be here if he so chooses.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I heard something in the week Potter wants a meeting in the summer with the top brass about the current direction of the club. To be fair to Potter he wasn’t backed in January for a final push into the top ten I also would be annoyed if I was him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I am really enjoying the football we play now. The only complaint is that we don’t win enough games but this is the Premier League and wins are hard to come by.
We haven’t had to worry about relegation all season despite what some doomsayers are predicting. This is the mid table mediocrity we dreamed of, not going down, not going to Europe.
I am pretty sure Charlton fans used to moan about being bored. Be careful what you wish for.
Isn’t that along the lines of let’s not sign a striker because Joe Linton didn’t work out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here