Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still respect the police?

Do you still have respect for the police?

• Yes

Votes: 53 55.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • don't know

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
left scratching my head today after watching the video of the islamic roadshow in east london with OB just standing by doing nothing , i know they are probably on strict orders from above , the same orders that could see one of the coldstream guards do 21 days in the brig for doing a pirouette during the changing of the guards ......utter , utter , bollox.

proper , proper , utter bollox.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The police wear uniforms and I have been conditioned from an early age to unquestioningly respect uniforms and authority in general.

It will take a lot to undo all of that, so I vote YES.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Police have lost the respect of the public and even from our small NSC poll, a figure of nearly 40% voting no should be a concern to anyone. Obviously a police force is essential to the upkeep of society. However, somehow they need to move away from acting like an occupying force and back towards the community they proport to serve. My experience of the Police is a arrogant body only too happy to lie and fabricate in order to secure convictions, this has been demonstrated by Hilsborough, Stephen Lawerence, Guildford 4 etc etc.

Only a truly independent police complaints body can begin to redress the serious problem between to police and the public in this country.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not particularly , as others have said there are good and bad in all organisations , I just think there are far more bad coppers than the 'odd bad apple' that seems to be the accepted status, the very nature of the job attracts bullies.
This. The Hillsborough cover up & the rest came about not from the actions of the odd bad apple but from the police closing ranks & doing what they always have done & still do.
I've met some great coppers & some absolute *******s. In most other professions the inept & the criminal would be weeded out, in the police they're protected

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was gutted that they broke up, synchronicity was not their best, but one of the best bands I saw in concert at the Centre.

.....oh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here