Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you own a Blue and White Brighton & Hove Albion Scarf ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I received the classic bar scarf (with club badge) as a gift a year or two back. It may have been to a game - I'm not entirely sure.

I'm not a colours sort of man, but when the kid(s) are with me, they like to be in colours and request I do likewise. My concession to this is the recent-ish old-skool long-sleeved Bukta shirt.

I may, however, take the scarf on Saturday for some twirling action - likely one of the kids will twirl, not me.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
:ascarf::ascarf:I have 2.

One hand-knitted for me in about 1980 and another bought from the Club Shop under the Goldstone in 1983 - with added thin yellow stripes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
yep I have the classic Blue and White bar scarf with that god damn awful old crest on it, it is neatly folded so you can't see the old crest behind the back seats on the boot cover.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have two and now that twirling seems to be creeping into fashion, and in order to stay on trend, I may well consider wearing one on Saturday for twirling purposes. Trouble is we always seem to lose whenever I wear colours of any kind.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
haven't worn mine this season yet but will be for the foreseeable future.

I will be wearing mine the old fashioned way... for some reason this modern way of wearing it just winds me up!View attachment 61751

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seem to recall the club giving them away at a Cup game in the later Withdean years. Think I gave mine away the same day. Though got a lovely soft cashmere-feel blue one with the old crest on the bottom, bought out the club shop a few years back.

Jan 30, 2008
These seem to be making a bit of a comeback , i remember growing up as a lad at the goldstone i looked like the mobile seagulls shop at the station rigged out with all sorts of blue and white regailia , then in my early teens i stopped wearing them as tanktops became the in thing , {ish} , then the casual era sprouted up and it seemed that wearing your teams colours was a free pass not to get beaten up ,strange how things turned around .

Anyway do you own one ? would you buy one ? and twirl it around your bonce whilst jumping up and down like the good old days , i must admit i cant remember the last time i have enjoyed the awayday experience so much as i did at Fulham ect , can this be transfered to home games ? i am not so sure , but bloody hell would it not make for a better day out , the players themselves have stated just how good the away support and volume has been on our travels , it would be nice to hear them praise the same way when we are at home .
:laugh:
regards
DR

DanielT

See! The joy of spinning your scarf even brings a tear to DR's eye...

There's nothing wrong with spinning/twirling your scarf after we score a goal. Try it, you'll love it!

It's a cheaper way of feeling young than buying a porsche or dying your hair

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
My Mum knitted mine for me in the early 70's. Still wearing it. A couple of Manure fans attempted to mug me for it, when I was leaving Wembley after the 1983 replay

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yup, though it also has a yellow stripe in it and an old shield-type crest tinged in red. It's a bit old. But it still twirled at Fulham and Brentford.
I alternate it with a retro Seventies shirt.

Jan 30, 2008
See! The joy of spinning your scarf even brings a tear to DR's eye...

There's nothing wrong with spinning/twirling your scarf after we score a goal. Try it, you'll love it!

It's a cheaper way of feeling young than buying a porsche or dying your hair
who says I haven't???
regards
DR

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had a red and white Albion scarf.

Now does anyone recall how that would have come in to my possession ?

Peterborough away in the snow. I still have mine somewhere.

To answer the original question, I am the proud owner of two blue and white scarves, both of which date from the Goldstone era. I still wear one to most games.

Jan 30, 2008
:whistle:
My Mum knitted mine for me in the early 70's. Still wearing it. A couple of Manure fans attempted to mug me for it, when I was leaving Wembley after the 1983 replay
bully boys , still remember the one that fell through the netting above the tunnel in the first game ,got stretchered off
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I have one but it's a blue and white stripe end to end :ascarf:

I've got one of those from 1983 with The Seagulls right across the white stripe, and tassels at each end. It also has the old round badge with Brighton FC at each end.

I've got 3 more, one from 2001/2, a fleecy type plain navy scarf with the old crest from the Withdean days, & a newer one from the Amex.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I had one from the 70's. Went to every home and away game. Never got washed (superstitious). Included a blood mark from a Palace scuffle circa mid 70's. It was dangerous to wear it away but it always came with me, sometimes tied to my wrist but mostly hidden under my coat. It was a part of my life. One summer my wife was sorting through my stuff and throwing old clothes out, yep it went. I was honestly in tears.
Bought a replacement which comes with me to all games. You'll find me by spotting the dirty scarf never washed, beginning to smell.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I have an old one that my Nan knitted for me when I was about 6, think its a bit lost now though.

May have to get her to knit me a new blue and white striped one and I can start wearing one again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have one from 1983 with Melia's Marvels written on it and from memory all the players names too. It's more white with a couple of blue stripes along the edges though.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I've got a cashmere one, which is very nice but the blue is just a little pale. It's made by a firm called Savile Rogue. Embarrassing I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here