Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Gammony rubbish read by populist racists

Votes: 28 24.1%

• Total voters

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's a paper that supported that supported Nazi's. That's all you really need know.

Some might say it still does. Personally I couldn't comment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Daily Mail once asked me for permission to use one of my photographs in a piece. I didn't give it.

The Guardian once used one of my photographs without permission. I let it go.

I think that gives my view. And I'm not really a fan of any newspaper.

Byeline Times, BBC, Al Jazeera. My only new sources really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like 85% of NSC dislike The Mail. Time for it to go?

Only 48 people voted - a tiny fraction of NSC, so you can't possibly use the poll as an indication that 85% of NSC are against. (there are precedents for this way of thinking; the vast majority that didn't vote will of course agree with whichever view you hold).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Only 48 people voted - a tiny fraction of NSC, so you can't possibly use the poll as an indication that 85% of NSC are against. (there are precedents for this way of thinking; the vast majority that didn't vote will of course agree with whichever view you hold).

Either you don’t do irony at all or you’ve learned something overnight. Not sure which one it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Joking aside, the irony is that The Mail do occasionally have relevant features, especially on the difficulties older folk face. I don't see them anymore as I won't read/click on it.

My heart does sink when I see someone with a copy of The Sun in their hand though. I mean, why ?

Folk used to tell me they read it for a 'laugh'- a pretty toxic laugh that costs a few quid a week. Should bring back the Beano for them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
How do you know how may people I have on ignore or who they are or why? Who are you to tell me who I can have on ignore or not? And if you don't like it when I mention it and feel the need to dig me out . . . . you know what to do ???

I shan't be putting you on ignore because I like your posts. We can all be needlessly irritable tits from time to time :wink:

Not that you’ll see this [emoji6] but when someone who you like and enjoy their views tells you to change the record it’s normally for the best [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
No it's not.

It's a far-right magazine that pretends to be a newspaper.

But most worryingly, it's one of the most read publications in the world.

The world would be a considerably better place if it didn't exist.

It’s right wing but it’s not far right . That’s a ridiculous comment . In the same way the Guardian is left wing but not as far as extreme left . Both extremes both as bad as each other .

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Most newspapers have agendas .

The Mail and the Guardian are two of the most extreme examples at opposite ends .

The mail peddles the view that Brexit was good for us , Germany should still not be trusted mainly because of the war , Young black men are in the main uneducated, aggressive and a danger to society . The royal family are all great except if the mail has an exclusive negative scoop , immigration is generally bad for the country etc

The guardian peddles the view that Brexit was terrible for the country , Iran. Russia & China can’t be trusted, Israel is always in the wrong because we all support those poor Palestinian people . black people are still terribly downtrodden and most people are still racist . Immigration is great . The royal family are a waste of space and should be got rid of .

Both extreme views , one right and one left . Is the Guardian any worse than the Mail ?

The difference is the mail is owned by super wealthy media tycoons who are big political party donors to the Conservatives and other right wing parties who present a version of the news which is exagerated and sensationalised with fear and xenophobia so their readership and other reaches will support those parties.

Although left leaning, I don't think the Guardian / Observer presents the news in such a distorted fashion

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most newspapers have agendas .

The Mail and the Guardian are two of the most extreme examples at opposite ends .

The mail peddles the view that Brexit was good for us , Germany should still not be trusted mainly because of the war , Young black men are in the main uneducated, aggressive and a danger to society . The royal family are all great except if the mail has an exclusive negative scoop , immigration is generally bad for the country etc

The guardian peddles the view that Brexit was terrible for the country , Iran. Russia & China can’t be trusted, Israel is always in the wrong because we all support those poor Palestinian people . black people are still terribly downtrodden and most people are still racist . Immigration is great . The royal family are a waste of space and should be got rid of .

Both extreme views , one right and one left . Is the Guardian any worse than the Mail ?

I don't compare The Guardian to The Mail. Politically they are different but The Guardian has some integrity.

I would read a copy of the Telegraph and The Times, although I don't share their political slant. I don't touch The Mail, Express or any tabloids, including the left of centre Mirror. They are a scourge on any rational thinking person's intellect.

You only have to look at the continual headlines about Harry and Megan to know that The Mail has agendas and vendettas. That's not journalism is it ?

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It’s a rag that spews vile lies and bull shit to its readers……

Unless of course there’s a story about how shit the Government are, then it’s fact [emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Indeed, the Mail used to be widely ridiculed, especially if anyone used it as a source but I have noticed it appearing more on here ... now it regularly goes after Boris [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here