Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you log every football game you go to?!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
My 1,000th Albion game was actually quite a few years back; Paul Barber was kind enough to invite me into the boardroom hospitality lounge shortly afterwards for a game against Blackburn, having seen an article about my milestone in The Argus (in which I was a somewhat reluctant participant).

As a nerdy teenager, I started writing down the games which I attended in a notebook which evolved into an Excel spreadsheet that I maintained over the years. Last year I discovered the aforementioned Futbology app, which is an absolute godsend. I spent ages retrospectively logging everything into it, so I'm now armed with every possible statistic with which to bore people.

I've got over 1,500 games logged, mainly Albion and England but also the non-league stuff which I can remember (so overall it will be an underestimate). Currently on 1,265 Albion games and 199 different grounds overall. I was due to reach the 200 ground milestone last week, but my trip to Naples was pulled at the last minute by SportsWorld, annoyingly. My 200th ground will now likely end up being either in Malta with England or some nondescript Isthmian League ground with Littlehampton Town.

I am aware that the above makes me sound like a massive anorak but, frankly, I've reached the age at which I'm beyond caring.
Another Anorak and Proud 😂

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haven't kept a record by a rough ready reckoner suggest I'm about a season away from 1500.

Edit: Forgot covid so more likely two seasons away.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Game Number 981 of all time, game 179 of the season and Ground 242 at Beaconsfield Town tonight for Bracknell Town 2-1 MK Dons.

70BA2150-D9E3-4EA7-A577-4EEDF0A9AF0B.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, but I wish I had logged all my Albion games.

Same with gigs. I can remember most, and work out when they were due to pointers like the album at the time and/or support bands. But there’s a few which I fail me…one being Slayer Reign In Blood. I’m sure I would have gone but can’t remember the gig or the support band. My metal mates can’t remember if I was with them or not either. But as friend said, you saw them at the Marquee and on the South of Heaven tour…so why not Reign in Blood? Supposition is not good enough though. Same with War on Drugs…can’t remember which of their Brighton gigs I went to…maybe I did both?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All gigs we've attended, logged by keeping the tickets.
Daft isn’t it, I’ve been to hundreds of gigs, quite possibly over 1000, but I have only kept one ticket, the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert in 2007. It never occurred to me when I went to my first gig in 1981, and as many have said here, nowadays many tickets are on your phone or print at home, so nothing really to keep.

* I do still have my ticket to see Motörhead at the Hammersmith Odeon in January 2016 😞

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Daft isn’t it, I’ve been to hundreds of gigs, quite possibly over 1000, but I have only kept one ticket, the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert in 2007. It never occurred to me when I went to my first gig in 1981, and as many have said here, nowadays many tickets are on your phone or print at home, so nothing really to keep.

* I do still have my ticket to see Motörhead at the Hammersmith Odeon in January 2016 😞
Even keep PAH tickets, although they are trimmed down and don't resemble an ordnance survey map any more.
Hammersmith Odeon, I remember that place :wink:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I have, however, started a mission to log every gig I've ever been to, combining evidence from social, photos, setlist.fm, friends etc. Quite a lot of fun piecing evidence together.
Setlistfm is helpful.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can probably recall something from most of the 100’s of games I’ve been to if asked, it’s really weird we can remember football match incidents from 40 years ago and forget loads of other stuff that’s happened during life.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
After 58 years of supporting, I guess I have passed 1000 but an actual figure would be difficult to work out. I went 9 successive seasons at the Goldstone without missing a home game once. When marriage, kids and re-location came along, my numbers dropped off quite a lot. Some years ago, I was up to 70+ away grounds but haven't added many new ones recently.
Maybe we could get some stats going?
1) Most games in total ( I know accuracy is difficult )
2) Most successive games
3) Most full houses ( i.e every fixture in a season )
4) Every game at Gillingham ( fairly rare breed )
5) Every game at Withdean ( well done )
6) Every game ( thus far ) at the Amex

.....and so on.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe we could get some stats going?
1) Most games in total ( I know accuracy is difficult )
2) Most successive games

.....and so on.
Save this for the FA Cup final ticket allocation thread... :lolol:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Up to 327 on Futbology. Luckily I used to get a programme for each game, so spent a few happy hours logging them onto the app. There's a few anomalies, like I have 2 Reading away progs, and for the life of me, I can only remember going once. But can't recall anyone giving me the other prog. Small details, but it's irritating me!

Match 1 was Brighton v Oxford, 25th March 1989 - 2-1 home win - in the South. My biggest memory of it was wondering where the commentary was....!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Following a conversation outside The Albert on Saturday I've upgraded to premium Futbology and started logging games from the past. It won't be 100% accurate as Mrs GB insisted that some of my older programmes didn't move house when we did but I'm doing ok by memory. It's amazing how little memories are triggered as you go through. Some of them football related:

That's the night Palace lost 9-0 (Wolves away) or
That's the day Kelvin Morton gave 5 penalties (Palace away).

But many not. e.g.

That's when that lad from Eastbourne puked all down the terraces (West Brom)
That's when Krispies held up a marrow and started singing On Ilkley Moor B'aht 'at (Barnsley)
That's when we told the Old Bill we were going shopping (Pompey)
That's when I slept in a luggage rack (Swindon)

I'm sure there'll be more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here