Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you log every football game you go to?!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I really wish I'd done this. For other things too- gigs, festivals, holidays. Even places I've been.
When you're young you assume you'll remember it all and then one day....

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Following a conversation outside The Albert on Saturday I've upgraded to premium Futbology and started logging games from the past. It won't be 100% accurate as Mrs GB insisted that some of my older programmes didn't move house when we did but I'm doing ok by memory. It's amazing how little memories are triggered as you go through. Some of them football related:

That's the night Palace lost 9-0 (Wolves away) or
That's the day Kelvin Morton gave 5 penalties (Palace away).

But many not. e.g.

That's when that lad from Eastbourne puked all down the terraces (West Brom)
That's when Krispies held up a marrow and started singing On Ilkley Moor B'aht 'at (Barnsley)
That's when we told the Old Bill we were going shopping (Pompey)
That's when I slept in a luggage rack (Swindon)

I'm sure there'll be more.
The Jack Stephenson Effect.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
My father bought home an old inland revenue ledger in the mid-sixties which somehow went missing. Thus my very first game in 1968 was proudly recorded and continued to be so until it went computerised in around 2010. Futbology has now been completely updated in a process taking several months. it's a joy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Where else can you get such pleasure

1712569313992.png

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Only in my brain.
This is my answer too. Otherwise I would be going nuts now in how much I have spent on the Albion over the years, it must be almost a pension, think of the compounded interest lost.
That's probably why I only remember about a dozen matches!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My small effort is digital.
A scan/screenshot of the ticket, photos from the seat and a video of the highlights.
All in year folders, match by match.
Desperately sad, and something for my daughter to delete upon my untimely demise.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yep. Started handwriting it in 1987 and then migrated it to an XL spreadsheet about 10 years ago.
It logs all manner of stuff on these tabs:

IMG_2050.jpeg
IMG_2051.jpeg
IMG_2052.jpeg
IMG_2053.jpeg

My family has a link to Spurs, hence a few games watched in North London.
And a few England games.

I started one for my son which I hope he will take over soon. He’s up to 300 games and just turned 21.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yep. Started handwriting it in 1987 and then migrated it to an XL spreadsheet about 10 years ago.

View attachment 180176View attachment 180177View attachment 180178View attachment 180179

And a few England games.

I started one for my son which I hope he will take over soon. He’s up to 300 games and just turned 21.
You never went to Gillingham when it was our home ground? I don’t believe that!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
You never went to Gillingham when it was our home ground? I don’t believe that!
It says Priestfield above?

Only 7 times though as had work/freedom issues at the time!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Nope. Would be infinitely more interesting to log every gig I ever went to. Tho failed to do that also :dunce:
I do this via Concert Archives app and now log every game I go to via The 92 app.
Started to throw out all my programmes collected over 40+ years but logged every game on the 92 app.
Don’t know why I do it, just do.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

View attachment 180176View attachment 180177View attachment 180178View attachment 180179

And a few England games.

If your sons attended up to 300 games then he has done more than Murray has with the Albion, and he hasn't gone up the road to Crystal Palace.
Your son is a legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here