Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you log every football game you go to?!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If I'd owned a home computer at the time of my first game in 1969, I surely would have spent my spare hours designing a database to record every detail of every game. Half of me wishes it had been possible, half of me is relieved it wasn't. A pen and paper might have been a decent alternative.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No, but I reckon I could just about list all the away grounds I’ve been to over the years - many of which don’t exist any more!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No. Who on earth would be interested?
I should make a note of as many gigs as I can remember sometime. . I sometimes forget I've seen some people no longer with us.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Noticed @Roadrunner celebrated his 1000th football match (as a fan) recently.

Who else logs every game they go to? Did you start as a child?!

I'm jealous actually. Can't even get my kids to do it. Bit late for me now.

I have, however, started a mission to log every gig I've ever been to, combining evidence from social, photos, setlist.fm, friends etc. Quite a lot of fun piecing evidence together.

My 1,000th Albion game was actually quite a few years back; Paul Barber was kind enough to invite me into the boardroom hospitality lounge shortly afterwards for a game against Blackburn, having seen an article about my milestone in The Argus (in which I was a somewhat reluctant participant).

As a nerdy teenager, I started writing down the games which I attended in a notebook which evolved into an Excel spreadsheet that I maintained over the years. Last year I discovered the aforementioned Futbology app, which is an absolute godsend. I spent ages retrospectively logging everything into it, so I'm now armed with every possible statistic with which to bore people.

I've got over 1,500 games logged, mainly Albion and England but also the non-league stuff which I can remember (so overall it will be an underestimate). Currently on 1,265 Albion games and 199 different grounds overall. I was due to reach the 200 ground milestone last week, but my trip to Naples was pulled at the last minute by SportsWorld, annoyingly. My 200th ground will now likely end up being either in Malta with England or some nondescript Isthmian League ground with Littlehampton Town.

I am aware that the above makes me sound like a massive anorak but, frankly, I've reached the age at which I'm beyond caring.

boik

I do that via the concert archive app.
I used to collect ticket stubs, so gave me a good idea of what gigs I’ve been to and think I’ve got most of them now. Every now and then I’ll remember one and add it.
I’m up to 247 bands at 89 locations.
Most of the bands I saw back in the day were pay-on-the-door hand stamp jobs. Wish I could remember them all.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
No - I wish I had.

I can't even know for sure my first Albion game. The first I can remember is vs Reading 1970 - but I am sure my father wouldn't have taken me to this as my first game as the crowd was over 32k.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not every game, but every ground using this book - kept all the ticket stubs too.
The dream was to join the 92 club - all watching the Albion - but in the 20 years since I started many clubs have dropped out of the league and new clubs have joined and now we are Premier League regulars this is but a pipe dream.
I got as far as 36 grounds ...
s-l500.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I am aware that the above makes me sound like a massive anorak but, frankly, I've reached the age at which I'm beyond caring.
Not at all - and respect.
The fact everyone in this thread has said they wish they had done the same proves it’s a great idea. I do the same with Spurs games but I’m on a mere 566 games and being honest won’t get close to 1,000 due to the rising cost of going games, silly kick off times and so on and so on.

Out of interest what’s your most visited away ground with Brighton?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Noticed @Roadrunner celebrated his 1000th football match (as a fan) recently.

Who else logs every game they go to? Did you start as a child?!

I'm jealous actually. Can't even get my kids to do it. Bit late for me now.

I have, however, started a mission to log every gig I've ever been to, combining evidence from social, photos, setlist.fm, friends etc. Quite a lot of fun piecing evidence together.
I used to log every gig: date, venue, support acts, in a scrap book. Got a bit busy in 77 when I was going to 4 or more a week. But when I was at uni, my flat mate, Chris, called me a wanker for doing this and not living in the moment like him so, because Chris was cool, I shamefacedly stopped. I still have masses of ticket stubs but not for, e.g., The Piranhas, Wrist Action, The Molesters, Joby and the Hooligans, The Chefs, etc., as these gigs were 50P or free and it was POTG. Happy days.

Football, no. Too late to start and I was 'only at home' till I was 14 or 15. To poor to buy a programme.

I have every respect for completists, list makers and the like, though.

I have been keeping a spreadsheet of daily Asparagus cutting during the season over the last several years. Very satisfying. It calculates a running total which is so exciting!

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Not at all - and respect.
The fact everyone in this thread has said they wish they had done the same proves it’s a great idea. I do the same with Spurs games but I’m on a mere 566 games and being honest won’t get close to 1,000 due to the rising cost of going games, silly kick off times and so on and so on.

Out of interest what’s your most visited away ground with Brighton?
Bournemouth x 15
Brentford x 15 (Griffin Park & BCS)
Selhurst x 13 (Palace, Wimbledon & Charlton)
Watford x 12
Millwall x 11
Fulham x 10

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No - I wish I had.

I can't even know for sure my first Albion game. The first I can remember is vs Reading 1970 - but I am sure my father wouldn't have taken me to this as my first game as the crowd was over 32k.
I was at that game. Clinging to a fence in the South West corner. All I saw was the ball being taken out of the goal by the keeper. Twice. What a waste of two and six.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have to buy a programme for jnr now since they moved to digital ticketing, they're difficult to blutack to the wall though!;) If the kind person/people who have put a lot of old programmes out in the Patcham area in the months before Xmas (diff places, and times so I can only assume that randomly a few people were clearing out their programmes), thank you!! I think jnr has got most of them, apologies if they were supposed to go to different people but his friends were also picking them up for him! :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My 1,000th Albion game was actually quite a few years back... I've got over 1,500 games logged....

Ah, apols. Sure I saw you mention a milestone somewhere...

Nothing anoraky about it. Well, maybe a bit... :LOL:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here