Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you have any affection for any of our rivals encountered during our rise up the leagues?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was happy for Plymouth to be promoted
We had Fans United because of Richard Vaughan, and it was reciprocal about 14 years ago.
I also have a soft spot for the city having served down there.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Plymouth..... always though this team with its catchment area, could be a decent addition to the higher reaches of the pyramid. They have the basis of a good stadium, and with a bit of cash should offer a good challenge.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Coventry, not that it’s felt a rivalry but have an affection for them, plus their off-field issues in recent years have been pretty disgusting to witness them be put through

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Hereford. I love the city and the area. A Hereford-Shrewsbury match at the end of the season when they made it to Division 2 was one of my first live games.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I don't know about affection exactly, but respect to the Forest fans, from where we were their support was deafening and all sides of the ground singing.

I remember playing them around the end of season a few years back, we won but afterwards both sides' fans were happy sitting on the sunny grass together outside the vat & fiddle drinking beer, they wished us well as they just wanted us to beat Derby in the playoffs (we didn't).

In my experience they're one of the few clubs with a past worth celebrating, that don't act like they're still MASSIVE.

Hope they stay up really as it's always a good away day (at least for pubs and atmosphere if not results). And it makes it more likely Leeds go down.

Chesterfield can still f*** off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We had Fans United because of Richard Vaughan, and it was reciprocal about 14 years ago.
I also have a soft spot for the city having served down there.
I very nearly chose Plymouth Argyle over Albion when I was young. Quite unusual but I had a fixation with the city. We would visit when on holiday in the area.

Ironically, it became my most visited ground. Not for any other reason than Albion matches. I was with 47 others at the Zenith Data first round match in 1990. Never missed a trip there during the obscurity years.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
The only one I have any affection for are Orient, the nearest we had to a Palace replacement before we got back into the same division as the caravan dwellers. I quite like Orient these days :eek:

Cardiff, Southampton, Reading, Cheaterfield and Reading can all f*** off

Have I missed anyone?
Swindon and Southend

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Yes stockport as well for me went to their game the other week v Rochdale where I had a decent chat with Jimmy mcnulty

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Chesterfield reached Wembley yesterday, unfortunately. Should get beaten by Notts though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coventry, not that it’s felt a rivalry but have an affection for them, plus their off-field issues in recent years have been pretty disgusting to witness them be put through
I seem to recall they had nice cheerleaders as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not for me, Smug‘s smackable face still annoys me when I see it. Apart from Toon being a sports washing beheaders club the fact that their fans are embracing it makes them dislikable to me. I accept that he is a good manager though and that they have got where they are without going as mental as I thought they’d be on transfers….yet.
I love David Squire's version of Smug Eddie, now he's in charge of the Newcastle Death Star :lolol:

1683663792382.png

The only one I have any affection for are Orient, the nearest we had to a Palace replacement before we got back into the same division as the caravan dwellers. I quite like Orient these days :eek:

Cardiff, Southampton, Reading, Cheaterfield and Reading can all f*** off

Have I missed anyone?
Leyton Orient away was my first ever away match and what an atmosphere it was, Scott Mcgleish getting dogs abuse haha I like them now and wish them well and am delighted to see them promoted.

I don't know about affection exactly, but respect to the Forest fans, from where we were their support was deafening and all sides of the ground singing.

I remember playing them around the end of season a few years back, we won but afterwards both sides' fans were happy sitting on the sunny grass together outside the vat & fiddle drinking beer, they wished us well as they just wanted us to beat Derby in the playoffs (we didn't).

In my experience they're one of the few clubs with a past worth celebrating, that don't act like they're still MASSIVE.

Hope they stay up really as it's always a good away day (at least for pubs and atmosphere if not results). And it makes it more likely Leeds go down.

Chesterfield can still f*** off.
Yep, agree with all of this.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Hereford. I love the city and the area. A Hereford-Shrewsbury match at the end of the season when they made it to Division 2 was one of my first live games.
I am reading NSC right now in the Premier Inn beside Edgar Street. As I trudged from the station towards those floodlights I reflected a little on what's happened to both clubs since that Reinelt goal. I imagine they remain pretty pissed off with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here