Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you have any affection for any of our rivals encountered during our rise up the leagues?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only one I have any affection for are Orient, the nearest we had to a Palace replacement before we got back into the same division as the caravan dwellers. I quite like Orient these days :eek:

Cardiff, Southampton, Reading, Cheaterfield and Reading can all f*** off

Have I missed anyone?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Don't remember any beef with Stockport. Was it over a manager?

I still hope Chesterfield lose. Reading seem to exist only to provide amusement to others, so yeh want them to lose as well

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't remember any beef with Stockport. Was it over a manager?

I still hope Chesterfield lose. Reading seem to exist only to provide amusement to others, so yeh want them to lose as well
Bugger, no idea why I put Stockport in, now edited

Bournemouth pissed me off when Smug was there and they broke FFP to get to the PL but I am OK with them staying up this season

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Bugger, no idea why I put Stockport in, now edited

Bournemouth pissed me off when Smug was there and they broke FFP to get to the PL but I am OK with them staying up this season
Feel the same about Bournemouth as you. Couldn't stand Smug Eddie's Cherries.

Weirdly, I quite like his Magpies. Apart from the whole journalist butchering owner thing, of course.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Feel the same about Bournemouth as you. Couldn't stand Smug Eddie's Cherries.

Weirdly, I quite like his Magpies. Apart from the whole journalist butchering owner thing, of course.
Not for me, Smug‘s smackable face still annoys me when I see it. Apart from Toon being a sports washing beheaders club the fact that their fans are embracing it makes them dislikable to me. I accept that he is a good manager though and that they have got where they are without going as mental as I thought they’d be on transfers….yet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only one I have any affection for are Orient, the nearest we had to a Palace replacement before we got back into the same division as the caravan dwellers. I quite like Orient these days :eek:

Have I missed anyone?
Reading? 😂

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Have I missed anyone?
Think you've covered it well. As much fun as it was having Orient be rivals for a while, and Scott McGleish was, still is, and always will be a wanker, i'm rather fond of them now and happy to see them having some success.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t like any teams nowadays.

“Hate is good it keeps you mean and hungry”

The philosopher Leonard Maclean

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I have a soft spot for Sunderland, went to Uni there in 1987 when we were battling with them in the old Division 3! (They won, we came second, both promoted - for the youngsters!). Went to see them a couple of times.
I went drinking with a load of their fans before and after the game when we played them at the Amex in the Championship.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hereford can stay non league forever too :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here