Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you have any affection for any of our rivals encountered during our rise up the leagues?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I had a moments pleasure when I saw the biscuitmen had been relegated. You’d have thought with the intimidating atmosphere at the Madjeski they’d be challenging at the top.

I don’t mind Orient. It always felt a bit panto with them. Gilligham can do one.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Plymouth, Wrexham, Torquay and Orient are the teams I’ve always thought well of as we traipsed up and down the leagues.

They’ve all had their traumas like us, and the fans stuck together and kept supporting the team throughout.

Honourable mentions for Charlton and Lincoln.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Most clubs I have an affection for are due to acquaintances I have made, normally work colleagues, over the years. Had a really great boss years ago who was a Millwall fan, so despite everything I have always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Felt bad for him Monday afternoon when they missed the play offs. Until a few hours later when I felt much worse.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Looks like Southampton are going down this season. When was the last time Brighton were in a higher division to them?
Like last season being the top south coast club means something to me.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think some people have misunderstood the purpose of the thread...

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Bristol Rovers. Gasheads, Loyal set of fans. Also lost their stadium to a retail park. Went through ground-sharing at Twerton Park, before getting a ground in Bristol again. Was at school in the West Country for the 2-8 result. I do remember it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kind of surprised where Doncaster have ended up when I looked at the weekend

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Halifax. One of my favourite ever away trips back in the 70s when we won 3-1. A shambolic ground populated by fans who loved a ridiculously poor team. Great beer in a friendly local pub before the match. I stepped into the unlit gents and the puddle of wee reached the bottom of my jeans. Oh the memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here