Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you go to football for your own means?

Is the statement true for you?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza why are you picking on Gem, hes not a twat.
I go to support my team and just so happen to go with mates, thats it really.

agreed, its just bozza being a prick, whys he even getting annoyed with Gem?

I'm not annoyed with Gem.

I have no idea if you were at Hereford in '97 but as others have said - there were hundreds of Albion fans on the terrace at Edgar Street who had their view obstructed by an Albion fan who sat atop a fence and refused to listen to requests to come down, in order that others could get an unhindered view.

That man was Gem it seems and, as per the thread I linked to, his justification for that was that he goes to football for himself and if he pisses off others then so be it. He also claimed that over 50% of people would be the same. I really didn't believe that, believing that football supporting is very much about the group, not the individual. So I posted this poll to see if his perception of largely selfish football supporters was correct, or my more altruistic vision was more closely aligned with how things are.

(Oh, and less of the abuse if you wish to use NSC)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have no mates to go with! but i go when i can and i fookin love it! :clap:

That's not the point though. If you went by yourself and do something that is pissing off many other Albion fans do you:

a) Carry on doing it.
b) Think "whoops" and stop doing it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I wouldnt pander to somebody sat behind me saying sit down if i wanted to stand up no..and as for the twats who stare at you when you shout what we should be doing on the pitch (like i know) and mutter into there werthers original bag,Bolox to them i couldnt give a fook Bozz,if they want to go to the match and sit there in silence except to winge at me thats up to them. Not condoning slinging ya wanger down peoples throats for half time entertainment but frankly if a guy or gal tapped me on the shoulder and said would i mind stop supporting my team id say fek off end of.:thumbsup:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I'm not annoyed with Gem.

I have no idea if you were at Hereford in '97 but as others have said - there were hundreds of Albion fans on the terrace at Edgar Street who had their view obstructed by an Albion fan who sat atop a fence and refused to listen to requests to come down, in order that others could get an unhindered view.

That man was Gem it seems and, as per the thread I linked to, his justification for that was that he goes to football for himself and if he pisses off others then so be it. He also claimed that over 50% of people would be the same. I really didn't believe that, believing that football supporting is very much about the group, not the individual. So I posted this poll to see if his perception of largely selfish football supporters was correct, or my more altruistic vision was more closely aligned with how things are.

(Oh, and less of the abuse if you wish to use NSC)

Ah well if thats the truth then i was un aware of that and is a twatish thing for Gem to do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wouldnt pander to somebody sat behind me saying sit down if i wanted to stand up no..and as for the twats who stare at you when you shout what we should be doing on the pitch (like i know) and mutter into there werthers original bag,Bolox to them i couldnt give a fook Bozz,if they want to go to the match and sit there in silence except to winge at me thats up to them. Not condoning slinging ya wanger down peoples throats for half time entertainment but frankly if a guy or gal tapped me on the shoulder and said would i mind stop supporting my team id say fek off end of.:thumbsup:

This isn't about an individual standing in a seated stand with a few others sitting behind him.

This is about someone sitting on top of a fence in the middle of a terrace. A very shallow sloped terrace where people were having difficulty seeing. Many, many people appealed for the chap to get down so they could see. He refused.

You really had to be there to appreciate the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here