Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you go to a gym

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
ive been going about 6 years and like people have said feel guilty if i miss a session . if im ill though or go on holiday for a couple of weeks its very hard to get back into it.

i was at the dolphin in haywards heath for ages but it was getting busy and the trainers are shit and clueless. ive now joined bluesky above the tescos express in haywards heath. its really shit but its empty and £20 a month so is ok if you just wanna throw some weights around

like someone said previously im gonna set up my own gym if we get to build our extension .no excuses then can put the tv on etc can go when you want etc etc.

if anyone is looking at doing a home gym in the garage i found this online which im gonna get as and when, hopefully soon. very good package in my opinion

Premium Strength Package at Powerhouse Fitness

Blue Sky is closing down soon I heard, home gym looks good though!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
True but the pie washed down by a few pints, once you get up there, may balance that out a little.

Don't go to the gym myself but I do swim 2 to 3 times a week. Yes, it can be boring but my season ticket includes the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi afterwards for social chit chat and is considerably cheaper than a gym.

I regard that as necessary rehydration after an exerting work out!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If any of your gyms do classes, can I recommend Pilates. It really good if you have back/shoulder and general tightness( ooh errr missus) in muscles. I have to do it, but where I used to just do the 12:30 to 1:30 class on Saturdays, I also now do it thursday eve too.

You come out feeling you have been through a wringer, but its good fun.

The bonus is some filly doing the cat stretch in front of you

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've just started going to LA Fitness in Hove. It's brilliant, the staff seem friendly and knowledgable, the equipment is in good nick and it's split into different rooms so you're not stuck in the same place doing the same thing constantly. And the tennis courts are free to use, which is a nice bonus. Very good investment I feel.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Not at the moment, but planning to join Corals as it's merely a five minute walk away. I play squash so that would be useful too. Trouble is, £45 plus £22 a month is a bit steep for an unemployed student like me.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
really? they didnt tell me that, although i guess they wouldnt . i heard it was shutting for a refurb for a week to put a load of new kit in. oh well back to the bloody dolphin again

Im nore sure that its imminent, however I heard that they are struggling financially.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Not after the unfortunate miss understanding after the girl only spin class!! “ I was only looking at the saddles’! It’s just I am short sited!!!!"

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
Forget the gym......get yourself down to the park and give Bmf a go. Awesome fun......and seriously the best all round work out you can have in 60 mins.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Used to be in hotels 3 nights a week and would just use there gyms, but that's been reduced so I'm currently deciding whether its worth signing up, knowing that that situation could reverse at any time...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Go to they gym 3 times a week plus a circuits class on Fridays. Have no real excuse for not going as the gym is 2 floors up in the office where I work and costs £10 a month. I would only be sitting at my desk eating chocolate otherwise.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i go to the gym 3 times a week. I also train people in Powerlifting, after all i have had 20 years experience, and competed at national and world levels.

had an absence of a few years, but now right back in to it, and trying to shed the extra pounds i gained.

bloody tough going i tell ya!!!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Go to they gym 3 times a week plus a circuits class on Fridays. Have no real excuse for not going as the gym is 2 floors up in the office where I work and costs £10 a month. I would only be sitting at my desk eating chocolate otherwise.

This. Signed up to my employers gym 6 weeks ago. It's just been gutted and renovated with new machines, showers etc. It costs £5 a month and I go 3 times a week during lunch and I've yet to see another soul in there.

Haven't been regularly exercising for years but in 5 weeks I already feel and see the improvement in my general fitness.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am the same,I do enjoy going and especially some of the classes on offer,Spin,circuit training etc...and feel good about it after,but do feel guilty as hell if I don`t go.It is f***ing weird!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here