Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you eat bread?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've cut a lot of crap out of my diet but bread still remains. I try to ration the amount i eat.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I do occasionally indulge in a pot of tea with toast absolutely pissing in butter and marmalade. I wouldn't deny myself a great when needed but I do cross fit and other fitness bits and bobs and training when eating wheat and training when I cut out wheat is vastly different, wheat sits in your colon for ages going mouldy basically.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do occasionally indulge in a pot of tea with toast absolutely pissing in butter and marmalade. I wouldn't deny myself a great when needed but I do cross fit and other fitness bits and bobs and training when eating wheat and training when I cut out wheat is vastly different, wheat sits in your colon for ages going mouldy basically.

So how have we managed to make something so crap such a huge part of our diet ? I am well aware of the rotation of diet concerns over the years ( Eggs/Butter/Tuna/red meat/Sugar) but bread of all things ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I've tried to cut out most bread but still have the odd bit when I'm struggling to find something for lunch.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Surely they are made with flour too ?

I'm no puritan, if im in a rush i'll have a wrap. It doesn't seem to affect me like a reg sandwich or maybe it doesn't effect me as much! Probably because most of the meal is on the inside not in the bread! :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I love the stuff that goes on top of bread so eat too much.
However when I needed to shed some pounds when training for a marathon I felt so much healthier and trim when I ditched the bread for a few months.
Bread is main reason why we have so many fatties around (eg the chocolate spreads etc that goes with it)

Yum
682677.png

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So how have we managed to make something so crap such a huge part of our diet ? I am well aware of the rotation of diet concerns over the years ( Eggs/Butter/Tuna/red meat/Sugar) but bread of all things ?

Because it's cheap, it's mass produced, it's quick to prepare with other food, it's convenient to eat and it's portable. It's also full of bleaches and sugars. When man used to eat whole wheat, basic bread in moderation it was fine but we have spent decades stuffing this crap into our kids and ourselves and if you want to deny it's a problem look at all the fat kids these days. No sport, lots sugar and wheat based products have taken their toll.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Because it's cheap, it's mass produced, it's quick to prepare with other food, it's convenient to eat and it's portable. It's also full of bleaches and sugars. When man used to eat whole wheat, basic bread in moderation it was fine but we have spent decades stuffing this crap into our kids and ourselves and if you want to deny it's a problem look at all the fat kids these days. No sport, lots sugar and wheat based products have taken their toll.

I don't usually shop there, but I popped into Asda the other day, and it embodies this lifestyle. Trolleys of crisps, biscuits, fizzy drinks, unhealthy frozen ready meals. The fruit and veg aisles merely just a gateway to it all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't usually shop there, but I popped into Asda the other day, and it embodies this lifestyle. Trolleys of crisps, biscuits, fizzy drinks, unhealthy frozen ready meals. The fruit and veg aisles merely just a gateway to it all.

Quite. Daft thing is buying fresh veg is far cheaper than all that gubbin. Treats have their place but when your dinner every night is basically a plate of heated up brown shapes you're going to wind up a fat tub of shit.

Carrots-6p each
Onions 12p each
Bag of spuds - £1

Stock cubes - 50p

Bang! Healthy soup. Just don't dunk cheap white bread in it!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
gluten free bread tastes like stale cake.

You clearly haven't tried all varieties then. Agreed on the long life vacuum packed stuff, but try something from the Genius range or Warburton GF wraps. Not much difference at all to everyday middle of the road bread apart being c3 times the price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loves bread, me.

In order to control my intake I've changed over to tortillas.

Is this a decent halfway option, or am I no better off than scoffing a tiger loaf, in a matter of minutes.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Quite. Daft thing is buying fresh veg is far cheaper than all that gubbin. Treats have their place but when your dinner every night is basically a plate of heated up brown shapes you're going to wind up a fat tub of shit.

Carrots-6p each
Onions 12p each
Bag of spuds - £1

Stock cubes - 50p

Bang! Healthy soup. Just don't dunk cheap white bread in it!

It's all beige 'food'. No nutritional value whatsoever and throw in the booze and fags and it's quite an expensive trolley. They then complain they can't afford to eat healthily.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's all beige 'food'. No nutritional value whatsoever and throw in the booze and fags and it's quite an expensive trolley. They then complain they can't afford to eat healthily.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

Adds car park is full of fatties stuffing their faces with cream fancies. Is they can't even wait til they get home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here