Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Do you consider yourself Posh - How many ticks on the list ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
2. Though oddly I have been called posh.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
knife, fork and loo

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wonder which Premier League footballer would score most highly? I'm guessing Patrick Bamford

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. points for name, boarding school and nearly a cricket career.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Definitely not posh, not one person that lives in Newhaven is :)

Only 2 on the list for me.
11- You know how to eat properly with a knife and fork- Of course.
28- You have a shelves full of books- Yes I own many books.

26- You wear an old Barbour jacket- I’ve got a brand new one and another one that’s definitely not old.
Riff-raff have new clothes :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sh1t...five of them!!

- I've been on Ancestry, and created a Family Tree (but only to get myself an Irish passport - post-Brexit insurance)
- Generally use the term "loo", but didn't realise it was posh!
- I have a Latin "O" Level (definitely didn't go to public school, though)
- I love cricket (surely not a sin!)
- I do have loads of books

Plus - I've been skiing twice (in 58 years)....not sure if that counts :)

9. Four of them the same as yours :wink:

Quite a lot of the list is simply a catalogue of vulgarity and may as well be part of a quiz entitled "how many of these ***** do you remember from the 1970s?".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
7 for me....is that 'good'?!

Reckon I'm one of the few on here with a family coat of arms and wear a signet ring with said coat of arms/crest on my little finger! (But I can't be that posh as I wear it on my right hand, which is not what the really posh do, as they wear it on their left hand :) )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Q: How do you know if someone went to Oxford?
A: They will tell you.

Only (in my experience) if it's Oxford Brookes (although they don't mention the last bit of it). We had two of these herberts in our department until they thankfully moved on to pastures new. One of them liked to go on about 'her' paper in Nature. Turns out she was eleventh author (out of 22) and credited with the equivalent of making sure the water for the tea was always piping hot.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Not posh and proud. 3) use knife and fork and have thousands of books - I do make bookcases for a living. Also during lockdown researched and created a family tree. But too many Jews, Jamaicans and Irish to make Debrets.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shitter is much posher than toilet, so you still may be posh. Bog is posher than either.

Where does khazi sit in the pantheon? Above or below the doughnut in granny's greenhouse?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
31. You are good at small talk??? Does that make you posh?

No, but it makes you unlikely to be very far along the autism/aspergers spectrum.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ooooh. Quite a few there.

Yes I am posh D164CB02-8937-4250-A624-F6CF6101D742.jpeg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
6.5 for me.

I have antiques, a gardener, two loos, bookshelves and a family tree, and I can use a knife & fork properly.

The .5 is because I don't have a double-barrelled surname now but I will in a couple of months.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Only (in my experience) if it's Oxford Brookes (although they don't mention the last bit of it). We had two of these herberts in our department until they thankfully moved on to pastures new. One of them liked to go on about 'her' paper in Nature. Turns out she was eleventh author (out of 22) and credited with the equivalent of making sure the water for the tea was always piping hot.

Mrs Jakarta went to Oxford (Lady Spencer Churchill College) but happily did her Masters at Sussex.

She was Head Girl of her Private School as well, think She married below herself (Grammar School Boy & Surrey University).

She's definitely Posh, I drag her down... :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here