Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Do you consider yourself Posh - How many ticks on the list ?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I wonder which Premier League footballer would score most highly? I'm guessing Patrick Bamford

You will find very few posh kids playing football - they play more 'cultured' sports like polo and yachting.

The PL player from the poshest background is probably Hugo Lloris whose parents are very wealthy. The poshest English player of the PL era is definitely Frank Lampard.

Now - if you were to include managers in your list you would have quite a few posh b*stards on that list over the past 30 years - people like Benitez (whose family make a financial killing during the Franco dictatorship), Mourinho (similar financial killing during the Salazar dictatorship in Portugal).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just 2.5 for me – I have a Barbour jacket, but a) I don't wear it much and b) it's not old

24. You call the toilet 'the loo' - 14%

26. You wear an old Barbour jacket - 13%

34. You wear a gilet - 11%

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Latin (a-level), loo, books and knowing how to use cutlery - 4

And I went to Oxford.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Only 1 for me although even then I might call the ‘loo’ the shithouse as well.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You will find very few posh kids playing football - they play more 'cultured' sports like polo and yachting.

The PL player from the poshest background is probably Hugo Lloris whose parents are very wealthy. The poshest English player of the PL era is definitely Frank Lampard.

Now - if you were to include managers in your list you would have quite a few posh b*stards on that list over the past 30 years - people like Benitez (whose family make a financial killing during the Franco dictatorship), Mourinho (similar financial killing during the Salazar dictatorship in Portugal).

Lampard grew up wealthy but posh? Not really.

Didn't Gianluca Vialli grow up in a castle?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I like cricket and I have skied in the past although I would not say I ski. So definitely not posh

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I am most definitely not posh but I do love Cricket

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Books, knife and fork, napkin, Loo, Latin @ Grammar school. own a Harris Tweed Jacket (and cravats) played croquet when younger, have shot. eat some game, inherited furniture. D-B surname, posted invites, although haven't had a party for some time.

theres a blend of old fashioned/proper and utter Guy Richie bellendery in thal list TBH.

Anyway, I'm upper working class darling ;-)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I would dispute number 24. I can remember being told off when I went to the Grammar school for asking where the toilet was. I was told it was the lavatory, and have heard posh types calling it the lavatory since.

PS I call it the loo, anyway.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I asked my Butler to answer the questions on my behalf and he said 0
Not believing him I asked the chef to do the same, still 0
My servant is running me a bath but when finished I'll get him to check.
My kids are at boarding school so cant ask them.
The cleaner is doing the silverware.
The wine chef is in the cellar.
Reminds me to move great granddads picture.
Letter from 'the club' about my overdue subs. Doesn't mention how much of course.
Daddy bought this mansion for me.
I have my coat of arms on all the saddles.
Gordon Ramsey sends out the invites for Supper Parties when we use the best silver knives and forks.
My darling wife is partakeing in a Biathlon.
But definitely not posh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here