Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe in man made climate change?

Do you believe in climate change?

• Yes I think it more than likely exists now

Votes: 143 78.1%
  • No, its a global conspiracy

Votes: 40 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a terrible argument, cows are part of human-induced climate changed. There wouldn't be 1.5 billion cattle in the world if it wasn't for agriculture.

Indeed. Not sure evolution had McDonalds in mind when bovinae took its place in the food chain.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
There wouldn't be 1.5 billion cattle in the world if it wasn't for agriculture.

There wouldn't be 1.5 billion cattle in the world if it wasn't for corporate farming.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What you mean is man made climate change. You can't argue with the figures that show the world is currently warming up, whether that is part of a natural cycle or whether it is due to us filling the atmosphere with co2 is what people can't agree on.

You can argue that actually, the mean global temperature hasn't gone up in about 15 years. But that is rather beside the point, the question of whether the climate changes is a moot one, it does. Understanding why it changes is a far more complicated and thorny question, and isn't solely to do with green house gases as hopefully people are now starting to realise.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Climate change is real - personally I think that man is ruining this planet because there are too many people now on it and when the inevitable cull takes place that will leave a better world.

But I don't think that the problem of climate change has much to do with driving cars. The planet warms up and cools down and there aint much that changes that.

What makes me laugh is yesterday I heard one of the experts say its the highest rainfall we have had since 2003 and we should expect more times like it!

He then compared it to a hundred years ago as though that was a major part of the earths life!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It doesn't actually matter if you believe in it, or not.
You can not 'believe' in Norway, either.
Norway's still there.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
man made climate change is probably real. however the extent and impact are dubious and overstated. some of the key science "proving" the argument is flawed and predictions made a decade ago have been found to be false. remember how in the dry summers of the 90's the experts tolds us how we'd face mediterranean climate. in the 00's the experts told us we'd face colder winters and warm but wetter summers? now, its wetter mild winters and mild summers. funny how their predictions change to what the current prevailing weather pattern is. the biggest problem is in there not being a direct observable correlation between CO2 and temperatures, the first is a steady linear increase, the later up and down - there are clearly other substantial and significant factors not being considered, or worse brush under the statistical carpets.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It doesn't actually matter if you believe in it, or not.
You can not 'believe' in Norway, either.
Norway's still there.

That was one of Slartibartfast's. Won an award, you know. Lovely crinkly edges.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Climate change is a falsehood that government uses as excuse to tax us through the arse,we are still thawing out from an ice age and no matter what the weird beards think the planet is in the middle of its cycle.
Personally I couldn't give a blind cobblers **** about future generations as I'll be dead.
**** em.

I tend to agree. After my kids and their kids I'm out of here so boll ox. Anyway it's our destiny to destroy our planet..... You've all seen Planet of the Apes haven't you ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For me, I think it more than likely does exist, we have 2 options and both are a gamble. 1) Do nothing and gamble on sorting out the consequences or 2) Incur some sacrifices, hope we are right

Surely, a no brainer which gamble to take if you care about generations to come.
It's nothing like that straightforward though is it. What does 'incur some sacrifices' mean? Do we have to waste the worlds resources on some 'green' energy that costs more in materials than it will make up in energy, while China is going through fuel with no thought to the consequences? Or does it mean coming to a global agreement on what countries like China has to do, for them to be able to trade with the world?

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
The global temperature has risen since the industrial revolution, correlated to the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere. There is also proof that this extra CO2 has come from man-made sources. Don't know what there is to not agree on to be honest :shrug:

The global temperature has been rising for the last 10,000 years,since the last ice age ended.As the melt of ice continues from 10,000 years ago it will increase the speed of the melt getting ever faster as the amount of ice diminishes.Basic rules of physics.
We may well be contributing but it will happen anyway if you look at 'Milankovitch cycles'

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The global temperature has been rising for the last 10,000 years,since the last ice age ended.As the melt of ice continues from 10,000 years ago it will increase the speed of the melt getting ever faster as the amount of ice diminishes.Basic rules of physics.
We may well be contributing but it will happen anyway if you look at 'Milankovitch cycles'

A cold Arctic summer has led to a record increase in the ice cap, leading experts now predict a period of global cooling.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
These experts don't sound like much experts.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The climate has been changing for the last 4.6 billion years. The question is can we reduce our impact on the planet environmentally? Cutting down the rain forests isn't a good idea I know that much.

Even if we do kill ourselves the Earth will survive and new species will rise to the top of the food chain. I don't think the Earth is that bothered but humanity may be for personal reasons.

Spot on. Arrogant humanity. Been here 2 seconds according to Mother Earth's clock. We'll kill ourselves not the earth.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I do believe that mankind has contributed to the problem.

But even if we haven't, we are far too profligate with our natural resources and we abuse the planet we should be looking after.... as native American Indians would believe.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The issue is the attempt to link individual events to climate change. Climate looks at weather trends over long periods of time. (30 years or more) But everyone seems very keen to say that this bit of bad WEATHER or this bit of bad weather is man made climate change when it's almost certainly not.

Do I think man made climate change is a thing YES. Do I think it's to blame for the poor winter we're having? NO.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I believe in changing weather patterns they have changed through out the history of the planet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here