Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we start Vicente on tuesday?

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
He has to start. We have to win so let us start with our strongest attacking team. Buckley has to play to give us pace and width and Vicente just has to be the one to exploit his pace. His pass to release Bridge on Saturday was sublime. Buckley makes some great moves yet rarely gets picked out by our ponderous midfielders. Vicente will put the ball just where he likes it, just as he wants it, time and time again. For me they have to start together. Finally Hoskins has to have a chance after CMS dire display on Sat. CMS is so low on confidence it's an embarrassment. Got a feeling Ulloah and Hoskins could be a dream ticket together.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I cant see Bruno starting 2 games so close together after his injury

So I would make one change, Buckley to start, with Spanish Dave to full back

If Crofts is fit I would also think about starting him ahead of Hammond, he is more suited to a 4 4 2

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant see Bruno starting 2 games so close together after his injury

So I would make one change, Buckley to start, with Spanish Dave to full back

That sounds reasonable but play Buckley down the wrong not the middle. I think that if Bruno is not fit Gus will go for Calderon to combat Rhodes speed. Hopefully Croft will be left out of the team and off of the bench until he improves his attitude and application to the game which hasn't been very good since his return.

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
defo this,we were so narrow,we buy the new guy and then dont put the ball in the box from the flanks,needed lua lua or buckers on sooner imo

or both ?

I have often thought that Vicente should start, yes there is the possibility of him being kicked off the pitch, but, starting, he could have a defining effect on any game rather than, as we have done, bring him on to chase a game already lost.

The man's a legend - he will always be remembered as a player who brought something else, beauty, to our fantastic club.

Last edited:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Would like to apologise for slagging off Vicente earlier in the season, questioning his commitment. In my opinion he has proven how committed he his and can see why he is worth persevering with when injury keeps him out for so long.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Why start him? Over the last 2 seasons surely he as gained us far more points coming off the bench and making a impact?

dicks-bar-bouncer

Feb 2, 2013
big physical side blackburn so wouldnt play him.would rest bruno and apparently ulloa was fooked so maybe him also.team would be

Koosh
calde
Upson
El abd
bridge
Bridders
Hammond
dave
Lualua
Cms
hoskins/ulloa fotness depending

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
But I thought you said Vicente was a potential liability in another thread ....

Or is that only before he scored a winning goal?

I said he was a liability if he didn't want to play. One swallow does not make a summer. He scored, that's good and he looked good for 15 mins. Although his lack of pace was there for all to see, my Mum moves quicker than Vicente, and has she has just had major surgery,on her spine. That said he doesn't need to move quickly with his quality, that's why he must play just behind the front two just drifting. And all this talk of how happy he looked at the end, what a load of crap. I've watched it half a dozen times, he looked happy enough but not exactly over the moon.

- - - Updated - - -

But I thought you said Vicente was a potential liability in another thread ....

Or is that only before he scored a winning goal?

I said he was a liability if he didn't want to play. One swallow does not make a summer. He scored, that's good and he looked good for 15 mins. Although his lack of pace was there for all to see, my Mum moves quicker than Vicente, and has she has just had major surgery,on her spine. That said he doesn't need to move quickly with his quality, that's why he must play just behind the front two just drifting. And all this talk of how happy he looked at the end, what a load of crap. I've watched it half a dozen times, he looked happy enough but not exactly over the moon.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Although his lack of pace was there for all to see

I saw the bit where he skinned two defenders when running with the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Although his lack of pace was there for all to see

I saw the bit where he skinned two defenders when running with the ball.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This... he's a clear injury risk and is most effective off the bench anyway.

Wouldn't you start with an injury risk and then take him off, rather than bringing ON an injury risk and then having to use another sub to replace him?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Exactly the same team please.

We need both Bridcutt and Hammond to protect the defence: Rhodes and Campbell are less likely to miss the chances that Hull did.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No. Not ready. His passing was sublime, but he lost the ball a few times too. Great free-kick obviously, but bring him on from the bench for this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here