Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we start Vicente on tuesday?

Dec 29, 2011
I have a feeling we will hammer Blackburn

Every game we're going to hammer someone we lose or draw, games we write off (Southampton, Hull) we win, so on that basis, would you like to revise your prediction?

- - - Updated - - -

So you want to return to a system that hasn't worked, instead of sticking with the one, we have just beaten the side, with the best away record in the division with??? Interesting.

Playing two upfront was not the key to our success on Saturday.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Looking at the impact he made yesterday, Should we start him on Tuesday?

Unreal glimmers yesterday and that pass will be admired by us all for years to come. I think it suits his body to play bit parts and also helps us to make him our impact player.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd have him off the bench, i think, although i wouldn't boo his position in a starting line-up. Him with the lightning-fast 2ft fly-catching-frog-tongue-esque bursts of the Buckles can make all the difference. He needs someone who will make those sly and explosive runs to go on to his inch-perfect no-look strokes with the ball.
For me i'd go with:
Kuszscak
Bruno if fit - El-Abd - Upson - Bridge
Lopez - Bridders - Hammond - Orlandi
Buckles
Leo

Even that i am unsure of as i'd like two up front, but don't want to drop Lopez for his penalties and sheer effort and Orlandi for his deadball speciality and nutmeg ability.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Every game we're going to hammer someone we lose or draw, games we write off (Southampton, Hull) we win, so on that basis, would you like to revise your prediction?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe so, but playing one up front has not been the key to anything has it??? He done it, we won, stick with it. Anyway I see Poyet has already said it will be Ulloa and Cms Tuesday night.

Stumpy Tim

So you want to return to a system that hasn't worked, instead of sticking with the one, we have just beaten the side, with the best away record in the division with??? Interesting.

I don't remember us playing with Buckley, Ulloa and Vicente in the team before? And even yesterday we actually played the same 4-3-3 with CMS taking the Barnes role. I want to see Buckley & Vicente in the same starting eleven or I'm taking the ball and going home :angry::angry::angry:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Take care of Rhodes and you take care of Blackburn. Upson should have enough about him to do that job. Start Vicente just behind the front two. Get the game won, instead of trying to win it late on. Then replace him with some pace when we are 2-0 up and hit them on the break as they push forward late on. 3-1 to the Albion, thankyou very much.

I'll have a pint of what you're on please !

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

- - - Updated - - -

No, and I didn't write off the Hull game either.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He started the away match and wasn't particularly effective against Blackburns physical style. I'd leave him on the bench.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Lopez for Crofts and that would be my starting 11.

The great myth that CMS's running tires defenders out. It doesn't... what it does do is give their defenders no time and creates mistakes, but it doesn't tire them out. A physical battle such as the one Ulloa gives a centre half is more tiring that someone running around a lot.

On the subject, absolutely start with Vicente - and Buckley please.

--------------------PIG-------------------
Bruno-----El Abd--------Upson-------Bridge
-----------------Bridcutt------------------
Buckley---Vicente----Crofts--------Orlandi--
--------------------Ulloa------------------

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes. In place of Hammond. We're at home, I don't want two defensive midfielders.

Hammond was the weak link on Sat. We should definitely start with Vicente.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who else in your midfield? The game was screaming out for a winger Saturday.

When Buckley came on he played down the middle not on the wing and Lua Lua s not good enough for anything other than a 10 minute sub appearance. I would start with Ulloa and CMS or possibly Hoskins and look to give Vicente longer perhaps a half time sub if things are not working. Tuesdays game is an important game that we cannot afford to lose.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This, except I don't want Hammond after being dogshit yesterday

The guy was sadly clinically useless yesterday so much so my mate got into trouble as he got so agitated about him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hammond was the weak link on Sat. We should definitely start with Vicente.

Sky said at half time he was the best player on the field and I agree with them but we needed to push forward more hence he was taken off and replaced by Vicente as an attacking option. Their view was that Hammond was the difference between the two sides and the first half was the best of the two for us.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here