Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we really hate Palace?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be brutal, as much as I wish bad things on CPFC I have no major problem with ex Palace players and managers, and let's face it, there are countless BHA fans who weren't around when Taylor or Coppell were doing their Palace thang and probably wondering why all the fuss. By the same token, if you look on the Palace boards you'll find plenty of younger CPFC fans who don't give a stuff about BHAFC, and in our current tinpot status who can really blame them for looking on in bemusement at this 'rivalry'

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Cheeky Monkey said:
To be brutal, as much as I wish bad things on CPFC I have no major problem with ex Palace players and managers, and let's face it, there are countless BHA fans who weren't around when Taylor or Coppell were doing their Palace thang and probably wondering why all the fuss. By the same token, if you look on the Palace boards you'll find plenty of younger CPFC fans who don't give a stuff about BHAFC, and in our current tinpot status who can really blame them for looking on in bemusement at this 'rivalry'

Top post CM i have said countless times the over 30 year old Palace and Brighton fans know exactly what the rivalry is about, but the under 25's really havent a clue unless been preached to by dads, uncles, brothers etc, because for one thing we have only played each other twice in 15 seasons!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Top post CM i have said countless times the over 30 year old Palace and Brighton fans know exactly what the rivalry is about, but the under 25's really havent a clue unless been preached to by dads, uncles, brothers etc, because for one thing we have only played each other twice in 15 seasons!

:clap: cue Macca's 'Pipes of Peace' playing as the BHA and Palace fans emerge from their respective bunkers for a short kickabout (well the under 25's anyway!)
:jester:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Personally there are teams I dislike a lot more than Palace. Reading, Gillingham, MK Dons, Bournemouth, Man Utd ...

Simon Jordan wrote a piece for today's Observer and I agreed with almost everything he said.

Working with a Palace fan, there is a bit of banter but let's face it, it's been a very long time since we could claim our squad or ground or league status is better than theirs. I haven't really got grounds for hating them. If I came from Croydon I would probably support them; as I come from Sussex I support Brighton. Simple really.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Monkey Man said:
Personally there are teams I dislike a lot more than Palace. Reading, Gillingham, MK Dons, Bournemouth, Man Utd ...

My point exactly :censored:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I sadly saw a few Palarse fans at Brighton yesterday, they must have been on a day out, I even saw two at Brighton Station traveling up to Smellhurst it looked like. Saw loads more Brighton including the legendary Tom Hark Preston Park in his Palookaville top, sorry I did not say hi.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't hate or dislike any particular team although I will admit to being envious of a few though.

I do however, intensely dislike certain elements among some teams' supporters and that includes our own.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
bhaexpress said:
I don't hate or dislike any particular team although I will admit to being envious of a few though.

I do however, intensely dislike certain elements among some teams' supporters and that includes our own.

Agree there Frank, I don't really hate a team, just a few I dislike, but all teams have good and bad fans.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Strike said:
I sadly saw a few Palarse fans at Brighton yesterday, they must have been on a day out, I even saw two at Brighton Station traveling up to Smellhurst it looked like. Saw loads more Brighton including the legendary Tom Hark Preston Park in his Palookaville top, sorry I did not say hi.

There's quite a few that live in Brighton and Hove according to the BBS board.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Strike said:
Agree there Frank, I don't really hate a team, just a few I dislike, but all teams have good and bad fans.

My point. I've worked along side a lot of Palarse fans as well as many others. They were fine and if they beat us they had every right to extract the michael as I would if it was the other way round. I was working in Liverpool when we knocked them out of the cup two years running, now that was hilarious !

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
bhaexpress said:
My point. I've worked along side a lot of Palarse fans as well as many others. They were fine and if they beat us they had every right to extract the michael as I would if it was the other way round. I was working in Liverpool when we knocked them out of the cup two years running, now that was hilarious !

Same here, worked with Palarse fans, and know a few and had a flatmate that supported Palasrse. Yeah we got on fine, except when one team beat the other.:lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Monkey Man said:

Simon Jordan wrote a piece for today's Observer and I agreed with almost everything he said.

Working with a Palace fan, there is a bit of banter but let's face it, it's been a very long time since we could claim our squad or ground or league status is better than theirs. I haven't really got grounds for hating them. If I came from Croydon I would probably support them; as I come from Sussex I support Brighton. Simple really.

Jordan's article was superb have a read

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1553292,00.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here