Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do we play good football / attractive to watch ?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I would not agree that football under Houghton was unattractive.
Watching Bruno and knockeart on the right was some of the most attractive football I have ever seen.
Great goals from Murray and watching dunk and Duffy in defence was a real privelege.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Leeds play Bielsa ball - that's why they are so good on the eye. 3 training sessions a day. All the experts say they cannot last the pace. The Prem is easy compared to the Championship as you only play once a week instead of every 3-4 days. Brighton need to drop one of their centre backs and play White in his best position - in the middle, where he intercepts play and starts attacks. For me Brighton play nice possession football but it is too easy to defend against. White in the middle would put pace into your movement - instead you rely on getting Lamptey one-on-one but his final ball is very inconsistent. Your strikers aren't scoring because it takes too long for the ball to get to them and Maupay always wants an extra touch, he makes bad choices and for me is lazy. If you played faster you would win more corners and with the height in your side you should score some goals.

THIS in spades

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ah fair enough mate. Apologies for the sarcastic response.

Now civilities have resumed, I find style is an interesting topic. I'd be interested to know how many people bemoaning Hughton's negative style are now against Potter's more expansive style.

Results drive satisfaction rather than style at our level, but winning is a tougher game in the Premier League and with our group of players, our current approach is more likely to get us out of a rut than the 10 behind the ball approach of latter era Hughton.

There's a reason people tire of Big Sam and Moyes, its tedious to watch. The long and the short of it is that fans are fickle and don't knownwhat they want!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No problem, it was my error with a badly worded post.

In my opinion, Hughton withdrew into himself with his tactics in the second season. We went away from what made us a solid team in that first PL season. He tried to develop the team and progress it but he had too much faith in players who weren't up to the standard and the switch to 4-3-3 with Gross playing deeper didn't work. Jahanbakhsh as a defensive left winger protecting Bong didn't work. Murray cut off from the rest of the team didn't work. There was too much he did that didn't work so he reverted to his Championship mentality, don't concede and you'll nick a goal from a set piece to win the game. It works a level down because defensive organisation is often enough, but it's not in the top flight and we required an absolute once in a lifetime worldie from Knockaert at Palace to keep us up.

Leeds play Bielsa ball - that's why they are so good on the eye. 3 training sessions a day. All the experts say they cannot last the pace. The Prem is easy compared to the Championship as you only play once a week instead of every 3-4 days. Brighton need to drop one of their centre backs and play White in his best position - in the middle, where he intercepts play and starts attacks. For me Brighton play nice possession football but it is too easy to defend against. White in the middle would put pace into your movement - instead you rely on getting Lamptey one-on-one but his final ball is very inconsistent. Your strikers aren't scoring because it takes too long for the ball to get to them and Maupay always wants an extra touch, he makes bad choices and for me is lazy. If you played faster you would win more corners and with the height in your side you should score some goals.

First of all, outstanding username choice. Magnificent!

Leeds are putting us to shame this season. Showing that when a team is set up to benefit the individuals it can be effective and productive. I don't buy into the Bielsa-hype but it's very clear that he's a manager with a clear plan, he's moulded the squad in the way that he wants them to play. He has had a year longer than Potter, but I think there's a reasonable comparison to be made. Bielsa has been backed, and he's performing outstandingly. Potter has been backed but he isn't. Leeds were blown away by Chelsea at times and the difference in quality showed, which was not unreasonable, but it hasn't changed the mentality of Leeds at all and seeing how many of your players were bombing forward for the 4th and 5th goals against Newcastle was incredible.

There's a myth that promoted teams can't come up and play good football in order to thrive, not just survive. Norwich tried but simply weren't good enough. Leeds look fantastic and I'm not just a little jealous considering how long we've been in the Premier League and we've been, by and large, crap the whole time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here