Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we now need anymore players before the transfer deadline?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can't see what Liverpool have to gain from loaning out Tex with his contract ending next summer. If he's not going to get in their squad this season, then would it not be better for them to sell him? If they loan him then, they lose him for nothing at the end of the year with no compensation due - he'll be 23 in January - unless of course they give him some sort of extension in the meantime.

Couldn't see anything about new contract having been offered from a quick Google.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Given we've now got a first team squad of 26 (unless I've missed anyone) which doesn't include Harper or Hambo another 3 as per Bozza's tweet would leave us with much too big a squad. No complaints if we get them in but would hope to see the likes of COG, Colunga, Chicksen & maybe Holla moved on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Given we've now got a first team squad of 26 (unless I've missed anyone) which doesn't include Harper or Hambo another 3 as per Bozza's tweet would leave us with much too big a squad. No complaints if we get them in but would hope to see the likes of COG, Colunga, Chicksen & maybe Holla moved on.
Chicksen and Colunga to go on full transfer or season loan ( until the end of their contracts ), I think.

COG retained his number 11, and so perhaps still has some part in Hughton's plans. Although I can see him wanting the north again in January if he doesn't get much game time.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Chicksen and Colunga to go on full transfer or season loan ( until the end of their contracts ), I think.

COG retained his number 11, and so perhaps still has some part in Hughton's plans. Although I can see him wanting the north again in January if he doesn't get much game time.
Who will deputise for Bong then?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who will deputise for Bong then?
Rosenior, who played several games in the PL as left back, with good reviews.

Chicksen is 9th choice defender, got demoted to a low squad number, and seems to me surplus to requirements.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Connor Goldson given #17, which surprised me.

Given that this was Tex's number, and that all hints ( as far as I can see ) are of 2 more signings, then I think Tex isn't coming back, and we are now just after

#19 A right winger
#21 A striker

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given that this was Tex's number, and that all hints ( as far as I can see ) are of 2 more signings, then I think Tex isn't coming back, and we are now just after

#19 A right winger
#21 A striker
I rate Teix (he will be pleased), but another winger and top striker would be more important to us, if we're sticking with 442. If we were going 451, Teix would be more likely.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
holding my breath for a very good striker. I may pass out either way.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We need someone to deliver the 'killer ball' not just wingers, someone who can do the unusual , thread the ball through gaps on the floor, turn the game by quick thinking. Not sure if that is TEX (though I would have him back as a purchase) , maybe putting Kayal higher would do the trick.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Realistically, I think we've probably done all our buying now. Ideally we could ship out a couple (and I don't mean Dunk and Stephens!). Hopefully a couple of exciting loans left to come in in September.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A free kick genius and playmaker who can also score goals, preferbaly left footed. Who?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I rate Teix (he will be pleased), but another winger and top striker would be more important to us, if we're sticking with 442. If we were going 451, Teix would be more likely.

I see no reason why a talented chap as Tex could not adapt to playing out wide - he does not need to beat his man with pace all the time, rather put in killer balls from deep positions. If he cannot adapt, I suspect he would struggle to fit into a team outside the top end of the PL.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
I think we are in the very good position of not needing to sign anyone.
But if we can get some quality go for it.Especially if a sale frees some money.
We should be looking at players that can improve the first team as opposed
to squad competition.There should be a role for younger players as reserves in case
of injury and suspensions.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We're after 2 more, and have said so publicly. A striker to compete with / replace Sam B would be my next priority. Colunga to be shipped-out if at all possible. COG too...

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
I would take Tex on a season long loan with a view to a permanent move; it would be beneficial to actually see if he is capable of adapting to a wide position before we profligately splashed out 5 Million pounds on him.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Don't forget some players like Harper are dev squad/first team squad crossover players. If I remember correctly, players under 21 don't have to be named in the 25 but can be played still.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see no reason why a talented chap as Tex could not adapt to playing out wide - he does not need to beat his man with pace all the time, rather put in killer balls from deep positions.
Quite possibly.
If he cannot adapt, I suspect he would struggle to fit into a team outside the top end of the PL.
I'm not so sure. If a team play the style that suits him, then he can be good for them. Many players can change positions and adapt, but plenty of good ones don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here