Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Plus I don't find our style of football particularly edifying. Its slow, possession based football, mostly played in front of the opposition, who have plenty of time to regroup. We lack the accuracy in our play to refine our style. Its like a very second rate Man City ( arguably third rate ) I like quick, dynamic football. One touch and away. Quick and accurate interpassing to open up the opposition. ( Izzy's goal v Stoke...prime example....three or four players...one touch...split them open....bang....goal ) Variety in tactics. Play it short, play it deep, slow it down, speed it up. We see little or no variety in our play. One style, very predictable. No surprise that other teams work us out very quickly. Tunnel vision from the management team. ' Team ' I use loosely, as I see little or no input from the back up staff.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I could bang on about Archer, Gillingham etc etc but I’ll just ask the question anyway

I went to Gillingham. If I’d have been sat in The Cricketers at ten past two and someone had told me that Gary Hart, Richie Barker, Stafford Browne and Jamie Moralee were all on the bench and we were starting Jeff Minton and Stuart Storer up front I’d still be bewildered. That isn’t due to entitlement..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I went to Gillingham. If I’d have been sat in The Cricketers at ten past two and someone had told me that Gary Hart, Richie Barker, Stafford Browne and Jamie Moralee were all on the bench and we were starting Jeff Minton and Stuart Storer up front I’d still be bewildered. That isn’t due to entitlement..

Fair comment but this thread was not started because of the outrage at the starting line up yesterday more to do we how we demand that we win games and can’t accept that we are where we are because the players aren’t doing their jobs well enough.

I was guilty of wanting CH out but I don’t ever recall actually EXPECTING to win games just that we could be competitive and give ourselves a chance. We are giving ourselves chances pretty well every game these days so the meltdown when it doesn’t happen smacks of entitlement to me :shrug:

Demand Potter goes, that’s fine but the level of abuse and foot stamping is childish and a little sad to me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No the majority of fans are not entitled, maybe some of the PL newbies are but not the majority of the fan base. What we are is disappointed and frustrated. Over the past two seasons we have at times played the best football I have ever seen us play. This season we outplayed the current champions for all of the first half but our strike force let us down badly in that game, had they converted those two "easy" chances when they couldn't even put the ball on target we could have won that game fairly comfortably.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No the majority of fans are not entitled, maybe some of the PL newbies are but not the majority of the fan base. What we are is disappointed and frustrated. Over the past two seasons we have at times played the best football I have ever seen us play. This season we outplayed the current champions for all of the first half but our strike force let us down badly in that game, had they converted those two "easy" chances when they couldn't even put the ball on target we could have won that game fairly comfortably.

So the answer is “sack the manager”? The swing in the last month has been massive, because we are not winning games that fans definitely expect us to.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No am I saying, and have said this before, the negativity in here seeps through and does not help. We have an affect on things, let's make it a positive one no matter how small it is.

So you're saying that if NSC was just a bit more happy clappy then a team that had Gross, Jahanbaksh and MacAllister as "strikers", a hopelessly out of form Propper and two wingbacks who aren't wingbacks in, would have thrashed Arsenal just by using the power of internet positivity.

Have you read the Facebook groups, Twitter or Insta? You'll need a lie down after that. They make NSC look like Gully's Girls.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
He’s had 16 months and while it started very positively we have been in free fall since January. Don’t let the mini revival after lockdown fall you. We’ve also performed well in games against nufc this season but on the whole we have been in a slump for the vast majority of 2020.

If anyone think potter can lift us out of this then I am all ears!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He’s had 16 months and while it started very positively we have been in free fall since January. Don’t let the mini revival after lockdown fall you. We’ve also performed well in games against nufc this season but on the whole we have been in a slump for the vast majority of 2020.

If anyone think potter can lift us out of this then I am all ears!

sadly for me I can't see him getting us out of this. I like some of the football we play but I don't think he has the know how to win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've been hacked by your previously unknown parody account mate. Have a look at that post in the morning and let us know if we need to run an IP check.

Good grief. Who was it? I'm outraged.

I rather enjoyed the game yesterday but it has a sort of 'post diagnosis' feel to it. Quite good all over the pitch but exceptional nowhere.

It would not surprise me if we have a managerial change very soon. If that doesn't happen it means we have a serious proven goalscorer incoming. If that doesn't happen, we'll be relegated.

However, along with everyone else, I know nothing.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good grief. Who was it? I'm outraged.

I rather enjoyed the game yesterday but it has a sort of 'post diagnosis' feel to it. Quite good all over the pitch but exceptional nowhere.

It would not surprise me if we have a managerial change very soon. If that doesn't happen it means we have a serious proven goalscorer incoming. If that doesn't happen, we'll be relegated.

However, along with everyone else, I know nothing.

I have sifted through the suggestions on NSC over the last few days and confess that I am mildly excited about Rafa and Diego Costa coming

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes, people away from NSC are more positive and patient. What I mean is we need to create a positive atmosphere and a siege mentality, us against them! We WILL play good football and stay up, we WILL do it. We need to stop this perpetual moaning when things don't go out way.

And that's the rub.

It's only the fans showing some passion for the club.

The squad as a whole led by Potter don't show much passion at all on game days and in interviews.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Fair comment but this thread was not started because of the outrage at the starting line up yesterday more to do we how we demand that we win games and can’t accept that we are where we are because the players aren’t doing their jobs well enough.

I was guilty of wanting CH out but I don’t ever recall actually EXPECTING to win games just that we could be competitive and give ourselves a chance. We are giving ourselves chances pretty well every game these days so the meltdown when it doesn’t happen smacks of entitlement to me :shrug:

Demand Potter goes, that’s fine but the level of abuse and foot stamping is childish and a little sad to me.

Sure, I get it but do you think that Potter set up the players well enough to win that game? Bernardo and Veltman, two conventional full backs were expected to provide our width. We had MacAllister and Ali J up front. Neither are strikers yet no less than four sat on the bench. Why is he consistently asking players to do jobs they patently can’t do? It’s akin to The Rollong Stones doing a gig and putting Jagger on bass, Charlie Watts on vocals and Keith on drums then being surprised when it sounds shite.

Arsenal were woeful and there for the taking. If we were set up properly we would have got at least a point. We played a 4-2-3-1 against them in June. Square pegs in square holes and beat them. Name a proper chance that we created last night because I can’t think of one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So the answer is “sack the manager”? The swing in the last month has been massive, because we are not winning games that fans definitely expect us to.

I'm not saying Sack the Manager, I think he gets a lot right, its not a coincidence that almost every team we play seem to "have an off day" I do not believe we are given enough credit in these games, Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal are all credited as "having off days" against us but I think this is down to us, however, we are not winning these games when really we should be. This isn't entitlement, that is playing Sheff Utd or West Brom, games were some fans believe we should win before a ball is kicked.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No am I saying, and have said this before, the negativity in here seeps through and does not help. We have an affect on things, let's make it a positive one no matter how small it is.

Righto. Do you reckon there’s any chance that the mood might lift if we won a game any time soon?
It’s a two way relationship, the team need to give us something to feed off, it can’t all be blamed on the man in the street.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not saying Sack the Manager, I think he gets a lot right, its not a coincidence that almost every team we play seem to "have an off day" I do not believe we are given enough credit in these games, Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal are all credited as "having off days" against us but I think this is down to us, however, we are not winning these games when really we should be. This isn't entitlement, that is playing Sheff Utd or West Brom, games were some fans believe we should win before a ball is kicked.
20% win rate says he’s not getting much right at all :shrug:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sure, I get it but do you think that Potter set up the players well enough to win that game? Bernardo and Veltman, two conventional full backs were expected to provide our width. We had MacAllister and Ali J up front. Neither are strikers yet no less than four sat on the bench. Why is he consistently asking players to do jobs they patently can’t do? It’s akin to The Rollong Stones doing a gig and putting Jagger on bass, Charlie Watts on vocals and Keith on drums then being surprised when it sounds shite.

Arsenal were woeful and there for the taking. If we were set up properly we would have got at least a point. We played a 4-2-3-1 against them in June. Square pegs in square holes and beat them. Name a proper chance that we created last night because I can’t think of one.

I do wonder whether GP is sending a message to Barber and Bloom. He said last night that every player was fit and ready to go and yet he left his strikers on the bench. That could suggest that he is sending a clear message - 'my strike for is not good enough.'

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced he is like that and I'm more fearful that it is part of his experiment.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes, people away from NSC are more positive and patient. .

I do not believe this for one minute, who are these people, how long have they watched the Albion?

Twitter comments before yesterday’s match were far worse than on here.
Twitter comments after yesterday’s match, I didn’t see anything positive.

I have family and friends that don’t use NSC or Twitter, definitely not happy.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I do wonder whether GP is sending a message to Barber and Bloom. He said last night that every player was fit and ready to go and yet he left his strikers on the bench. That could suggest that he is sending a clear message - 'my strike for is not good enough.'

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced he is like that and I'm more fearful that it is part of his experiment.

Yeah I agree, I don’t think it was a message, it was simply a terrible approach to a game of football.

4-2-3-1 worked last time. He could have gone with:

——————Sanchez——————-
Veltman —Dunk —- Webster—Burn/Bernado
——-Bissouma——-Propper ————
———Ali J——Gross/McAllister—Zeqiri/Trossard
——————-Maupay/Connolly———-

Minimal changes to personnel but players employed on roles they are comfortable with and no reliance on Veltman, Burn and Bernardo to provide width.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here