Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do we need new keeper

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Does Stockdale realise he is a goalkeeper and he can come off his line to catch the ball? Thought he was pretty poor last night and its not the first
game he's performed badly. Time to look for someone new?

No, we just need more intelligent fans.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Does Stockdale realise he is a goalkeeper and he can come off his line to catch the ball? Thought he was pretty poor last night and its not the first

No. He dithered near the end which could have been fatal but his positive performances outweigh the negative by a long way. He's won us far more points than he's cost with his general consistency.

Similarly to PIG he's a great shot stopper with some deficiencies, though PIG was far more error prone with to many howlers.

Stockdale may not be the best on catching crosses but on the most important skill of all for keepers, keeping it out of the net, he's much better than most. Against Charlton we'd be dead and buried by half time without him, thats 3 points we wouldn't have had, his one handed save in the dying minutes against Brum saved us 2 points.

Stockdale has been great for us, who gives a flying f**k if he's not the best at crosses. He's a great keeper and we're lucky to have him.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can't believe a thread has been started questioning the ability of Stockdale. He has had a brilliant season and we are still unbeaten. What on earth are some people looking for.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I can't believe a thread has been started questioning the ability of Stockdale. He has had a brilliant season and we are still unbeaten. What on earth are some people looking for.
uploadfromtaptalk1450263038385.jpg

Batwell31

Dec 11, 2015
Stockdale is easily one of the top performers this year, along with Kayal, Stevens and Bruno ....yet we're questioning whether he should be at BHAFC?! Complete madness!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

I'd be more worried about Palace hanging onto Cabaye in the Jan transfer window if I was you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hilarious thread. Best keeper in the division and proving it week after week after week.

I wouldnt go as far as that but in the top 5 this season Had this question been asked 12 months ago I would have said yes but he has improved beyond all recognition this season although I do get worried when he f...s about with the ball at his feet in front of a striker and feel that he is going to come unstuck one day.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What baffles me is the fact anybody could think we need a NEW goalkeeper, when we've got a goalie with 20+ International caps on the bench.

Even if Stockdale had been awful yesterday (he wasn't) then surely it would be a case of dropping him for NM, not replacing him. :shrug:

Dec 9, 2015
I don't mind being called a troll or worse a palace fan but I have followed the albion for 40 years plus and my post was just my opinon on last night as I saw it. Thanks

for giving me the benefit of the doubt but what has my e-mail got to do with anything?
Pretty poor? Really?

He made two top drawer low saves from Austin, tipped one over the bar from Phillips, caught a good percentage of corners, and made a brilliant save with his feet in injury time. The cross for the equaliser was (probably) too low a trajectory to have come for - would have been a high risk decision.

On the whole he had a very good game, as he has in pretty much every game this season, making your decision to start this thread either a. bizarre, or b. trolling.

As plenty on here do indeed have bizarre views on football, you deserve the benefit of the doubt, but I'll just remind you that you signed up to the forum (last week) using your real e-mail address :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think him being a great ambassador for the club clouds people's judgement sometimes .

I for one realised what a good keeper he is before becoming aware of what an all round decent bloke he is.

Dec 9, 2015
Ok you got me. I posted the thread to see how many people agreed with me that Stockdale is a good keeper. I was ribbed about his performance by my workmates by text after the game. I feel that he has saved us on many occasions including last night. As you can all see by the indignant replies I received he has got a full vote of confidence from most fans.
I apologise for the post in the first place b ut at least I can show workmates these replies to show the backing he has. As you can imagine I get loads of grief being the only Albion fan in a workforce made up of Southampton/Portsmouth yobs. Again apologese

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
WTF ????

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Ok you got me. I posted the thread to see how many people agreed with me that Stockdale is a good keeper. I was ribbed about his performance by my workmates by text after the game. I feel that he has saved us on many occasions including last night. As you can all see by the indignant replies I received he has got a full vote of confidence from most fans.
I apologise for the post in the first place b ut at least I can show workmates these replies to show the backing he has. As you can imagine I get loads of grief being the only Albion fan in a workforce made up of Southampton/Portsmouth yobs. Again apologese

You're taking grief from Portsmouth fans...?

It's the end of irony as we know it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here