Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do we need new keeper

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Palace fans aren't very bright, are they? They just pick a random place and tag seagull on the end.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Worst keeper we've ever had. Bring back Mark Walton. Terrible performance against Charlton. Who signs these rubbish players?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's probably earning a fraction of what Rob Green is. Stockdale's 3rd minute save from Austin was in stark contrast to the way Green stood and watched and then let the ball go under him as Van Le Parra smashed in his 30 yarder. QPR fans are tired of the number of points he's given away apparently.

On the other hand, Stockdale has been directly responsible for precisely 2 points dropped (Reading away). There are times when you wonder whether he could've done better, but he's not really made any other shocking mistakes all season, and some of his keeping has won us crucial points. Best keeper we've had for a while I think.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
One of the players of the season for me....As others have said a bad position to make mistakes....but my opinion of Stockdale is high..

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Incredible change of fortunes from this time last season - Stockdale for me is the first player on the team sheet. Absolutely top class keeper.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does Stockdale realise he is a goalkeeper and he can come off his line to catch the ball? Thought he was pretty poor last night and its not the first
game he's performed badly. Time to look for someone new?

Pretty poor? Really?

He made two top drawer low saves from Austin, tipped one over the bar from Phillips, caught a good percentage of corners, and made a brilliant save with his feet in injury time. The cross for the equaliser was (probably) too low a trajectory to have come for - would have been a high risk decision.

On the whole he had a very good game, as he has in pretty much every game this season, making your decision to start this thread either a. bizarre, or b. trolling.

As plenty on here do indeed have bizarre views on football, you deserve the benefit of the doubt, but I'll just remind you that you signed up to the forum (last week) using your real e-mail address :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Does Stockdale realise he is a goalkeeper and he can come off his line to catch the ball? Thought he was pretty poor last night and its not the first
game he's performed badly. Time to look for someone new?

Amongst a wealth of candidates, this really has to be one of the dimmest OPs related to football on NSC. We've got one of the best -- if not the best -- goalkeeper in the Championship, and after a string of quite brilliant performances, many of which kept us in the game, including last night, you think now is a good time to post this tosh. Congratulations.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don't feed the troll please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here