Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we miss Hughton?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree and i'm happy to give him more time but surely Hughton deserved a chance to change things up a bit and bring in a few players?

Give him a chance at your club, then, when Wroy wetires.:shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In light of our recent performances, I often find myself wondering where we'd be now with Hughton at the helm instead - Would we be thriving top ten? or continuing our abysmal form that we ended last season in? Would AJ have scored yet? Personally, I was absolutely gutted that Hughton got sacked. We reached the semi-final of the FA cup (which was a brilliant day out!), survived relegation (albeit only just) - surely those tick all the boxes for a club like us?

I understand that Potter definitely needs time to adapt and shape his team but honestly, bar a few performances, we've struggled to pick up points this season and have had just too many poor results. The reality is that now points are needed far more than style right now. Right now we're on an abysmal run of form - picking up one point in January, when we really should of got around 6 - and yet all I hear is still 'give Potter time' or 'we're playing well though'. I understand that we have a lot of potential as a squad and do like what Potter has done here but if we loose to West Ham i'm sure a lot of fans, including me, are going to turn against him.

If we beat West Ham then sure i'll be fine and this run of form will hopefully be forgotten but once again - Where would we be now with Hughton ... ?
Yes - I imagine Palace do miss Hughton being at Brighton.

Potterball really gets under the skin of some of their fans.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
anyone who misses that turgid anti football we were serving up last season needs to take a long good look in the mirror

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
In terms of the club’s image, I miss Mr Hughton. He was a great ambassador for the club; always smartly dressed and erudite in interviews.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In terms of the club’s image, I miss Mr Hughton. He was a great ambassador for the club; always smartly dressed and erudite in interviews.

Plus he kept us in the Premier League for two straight seasons. Yes his tactics were ultra defensive, but in seasons one and two, that was the only way to survive.

Some on here really do expect miracles. Get real, we are Brighton and Hove Albion,we are not and never will be Barcelona.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Plus he kept us in the Premier League for two straight seasons. Yes his tactics were ultra defensive, but in seasons one and two, that was the only way to survive.

Some on here really do expect miracles.

They do.

Teams are always built from the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Never did anything for us apart

- two best seasons ever in the Championship
- Murray wonderland
- Bong brick wall at left back
- ooohhh Stevie Sidwell …
- Role model Rosenior
- Bruno got ever better
- Best right sided combo we are ever likely to have re Bruno and AK
- Pride in a clean sheet
- Ooohhh Connor Goldson
- Stockdale double penalty save v Shef Wed

All terrible memories

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never did anything for us apart

- two best seasons ever in the Championship
- Murray wonderland
- Bong brick wall at left back
- ooohhh Stevie Sidwell …
- Role model Rosenior
- Bruno got ever better
- Best right sided combo we are ever likely to have re Bruno and AK
- Pride in a clean sheet
- Ooohhh Connor Goldson
- Stockdale double penalty save v Shef Wed

All terrible memories

All wonderful memories that will remain with me forever. At 63 l didn't think l'd ever see an Albion side reach the Premier League, but we managed it and have remained there for two seasons now, I repeat, what more do people want?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
In light of our recent performances, I often find myself wondering where we'd be now with Hughton at the helm instead - Would we be thriving top ten? or continuing our abysmal form that we ended last season in? Would AJ have scored yet? Personally, I was absolutely gutted that Hughton got sacked. We reached the semi-final of the FA cup (which was a brilliant day out!), survived relegation (albeit only just) - surely those tick all the boxes for a club like us?

I understand that Potter definitely needs time to adapt and shape his team but honestly, bar a few performances, we've struggled to pick up points this season and have had just too many poor results. The reality is that now points are needed far more than style right now. Right now we're on an abysmal run of form - picking up one point in January, when we really should of got around 6 - and yet all I hear is still 'give Potter time' or 'we're playing well though'. I understand that we have a lot of potential as a squad and do like what Potter has done here but if we loose to West Ham i'm sure a lot of fans, including me, are going to turn against him.

If we beat West Ham then sure i'll be fine and this run of form will hopefully be forgotten but once again - Where would we be now with Hughton ... ?

Well on the way to the championship. Don’t forget had it not been for a terrible miss by Cardiff at Fulham last season we’d have been relegated. Even then we had to rely on Palace beating them. We were extremely lucky to stay up. No one will ever forget the great job he did getting us there and for the first season but in the end it was just awful. We are on a bad run now but there’s a lot of people on NSC who have short memories. Let’s hold the line and back Potter.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You know, Tony knows, good business.

So when I heard Tony had sacked Hughton I was shocked.

That would be like Simon Cowell setting up a talent show in Antarctica, that would be bad business.

But Tony sacked Chris and appointed GPott so we should definitely get behind him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well on the way to the championship. Don’t forget had it not been for a terrible miss by Cardiff at Fulham last season we’d have been relegated. Even then we had to rely on Palace beating them. We were extremely lucky to stay up. No one will ever forget the great job he did getting us there and for the first season but in the end it was just awful. We are on a bad run now but there’s a lot of people on NSC who have short memories. Let’s hold the line and back Potter.

And if we had the run of the ball in other games, Cardiff’s equaliser, Burnley H & A...

You finish where you deserve.

The only thing I agree with is the backing of Potter, I don’t understand why as supporters we wouldn’t.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Perhaps the Albion were destined to be a yo-yo club, aternating between the top two divisions every few years. Yes maybe my sights are set lower than some, but l'm a realist, we have come a long way in a very short space of time, and am very happy at the progress we have made..

No bad thing, it has done no harm to Burnley, now they are firmly established as a mid table team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And if we had the run of the ball in other games, Cardiff’s equaliser, Burnley H & A...

You finish where you deserve.

The only thing I agree with is the backing of Potter, I don’t understand why as supporters we wouldn’t.....

All teams get their share of good and bad luck throughout a season, we are no different to anyone else.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All teams get their share of good and bad luck throughout a season, we are no different to anyone else.

Exactly. All this ‘we were lucky’, is nonsense, it’s almost as though supporters begrudge is staying up last year....

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Yes I miss Chris, what he did for the club was great, and we’d not be where we are today without him.

Would I still want him at the helm or would I take him back tomorrow....

No.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Only time will tell if Potter is the answer. Time has already answered that Hughton isn't.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
All wonderful memories that will remain with me forever. At 63 l didn't think l'd ever see an Albion side reach the Premier League, but we managed it and have remained there for two seasons now, I repeat, what more do people want?

Nor me, and many fans didn't. In fact my only dream was to see us making it to the top flight of English football since passing back to the goal keeper and tight shorts were legal. The Premier League is not the old first division and we had to tick the Premier League box as a club. We are now not that poor old club who were homeless and we have broken our duck.

Wolves survived the double drop and have come back better than ever and that is what football is about if we go done too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here