Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we have a £170m gap in our midfield?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You can only beat what's in front of you. Once Ma Da gets up to premier league speed, the transition will be smoother and we should start showing the type of play we had last season. I know a couple of times it looked slick today, but a bit more of the one touch stuff is what we all crave

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Don’t want to piss on everyone’s chips but that was a bang average performance from last season. Without doubt it looked like a team who haven’t played together but for me we seem to have a huge gap in midfield.

No zippy oh my god moments in the midfield. Counter attacks seemed slow. Little worried about better opposition ahead.

But 4-1 didn’t get out of first gear maybe I need to cheer the f*** up.

Views?
At home against the championship play off winners last season we drew 0-0 (and almost lost 0-1).

Today could’ve been that, instead it was a very competent display, dispatching a weaker side. A well navigated potential hiccup.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
At home against the championship play off winners last season we drew 0-0 (and almost lost 0-1).

Today could’ve been that, instead it was a very competent display, dispatching a weaker side. A well navigated potential hiccup.
Yeah that was what I was thinking, that last year teams that play the way Luton do, were ones we struggled to beat. Winning this was a really good result.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yep and De Zerbi knows this and that's why he wants replacements.
Luton weren't good enough to expose this but more agile teams will

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think we will barely miss Alexis. As much as I liked him and still do to a certain extent, we have similarly good players and prospects.

Something was definitely missing yesterday, and I know a large part of that can be put down to early season rust and continued disruption from the transfer situation. Still, we lacked that wow factor which I felt, at some stage, in almost every game last season.

Caicedo has left a large hole. Dahoud seems tidy and accomplished with a great eye for a pass, but tracking back 50 yards and winning nigh impossible challenges he will not. There is no way we are going to replace Caicedo with like-for-like without taking a hit to quality. Simply put, there isn’t anyone out there, let alone anyone that would come to us, who could possibly fill those boots.

So we’ll have to use a different approach and I’m sure DZ has plenty of ideas.

In terms of who I would like, Koopmeiners would be nice but who knows if that would even be possible.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Is everyone mental? We won 4-1, they shouldn’t have had that 1 - citeh could could do 3-0 and it was boring as f***

Brighton today were wicked, f*** caicedo and f*** Ali Mac they have gone - I love them but they weren’t in Falmer today.

Jao Pedrinho, van hecke, wicked, adingra, wicked, super f***ing wicked
Wouldn't include Ali Mac in your post....was a perfect gentleman and his toys stayed in his pram !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t want to piss on everyone’s chips but that was a bang average performance from last season. Without doubt it looked like a team who haven’t played together but for me we seem to have a huge gap in midfield.

No zippy oh my god moments in the midfield. Counter attacks seemed slow. Little worried about better opposition ahead.
Come on. Early season rust.
Liverpool weren't that bad.
:shrug:

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Wouldn't include Ali Mac in your post....was a perfect gentleman and his toys stayed in his pram !
Yeah I was drunk :) - I meant it more like they’ve gone/going they aren’t Brighton anymore rather than I hate them.

I won’t be booing any ex Brighton players for simply leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here