Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we actually want to go up ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Never understood attitudes such as OP's. If you don't wan't your team to play at the highest possible level, why even bother going? What's the point of even having league tables? Or promotion or relegation or play-offs? You might as well go support your local non-league team where you can drink beer on the terraces to your heart's content and be home in time for tea.

I do want us to go...

I am just asking stupid questions

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nobody doesn't want their team in the PL. Fans, chairmen, players, everyone.

Sometimes, when people are afraid that they may not get what they really want, they convince themselves beforehand that they don't really want it. To avoid the pain if they don't get it.

All you people saying you are not fussed will all be p*ssing your pants and dancing around naked if we go up.

I find this kind of thread insulting to our players, who want nothing more than to play at the highest level. If only for them, we should want to go up. They deserve it, it's what they earn from winning. You might as well ask the question, "do we really want to win games? Perhaps it would be better to draw and lose afew, perhaps we would be happier that way?" - Give over.

There are things about lower leagues which in some ways are more romantic than the PL, that's fair enough to point out, but get some perspective please.

The point above highlighted 100% Accurate. Just go listen to the acceptance speech by Beram Kayal for his Player of the Year Award. You can hear in his voice how desperate he is to get to the Premiership

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes i want to go up...... (with the exception of Swansea in 1981 aged 8) i have never seen us play in the top flight,wanted it so bad in 91,being a bit more patient now (still bad) but yes i want us to go up,without question and will happily take all the bad that come with going up.....

Anybody that says they are not fussed or bothered? well perhaps your time for football is coming to an end......go watch cricket or watch the paint dry :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Premier League the only division to be in really, Trips to Watford, tickets away at Bournemouth, Stoke City at home. Avoid the trips to Leeds, Newcastle and Forest. No contest.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Yes

Plastic fans are an inevitability and you get enough of them anyway when Brighton's doing well. You still have the core faithful in the top tier premier clubs like Liverpool or Manchester.It's our right to prove our worth. The premier league would be shit if it was just the same teams playing in them.

I'm cautious that we'll end up as one of those sides that floats around relegation and promotion level, but Brighton is a team that has had such a difficult past, it would be a real comeback story to become a top tier side. We've always been a dark horse and that's especially been the case this season. We weren't ready when Poyet was manager, but we are definitely ready now

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Premier League the only division to be in really, Trips to Watford, tickets away at Bournemouth, Stoke City at home. Avoid the trips to Leeds, Newcastle and Forest. No contest.

tumblr_l8nvh8vIWZ1qzmowao1_1280.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd be devastated if this team got broken up. Such great young talent in Dunk, March & Goldson. Brilliant players at their peak such as Knocky, Stephens & Kayal. Club favourites such as Stockdale, Lua Lua & Bruno. The only way to ensure we keep these players is Premier League football. So yes, I'm insanely desperate to go up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Never understood attitudes such as OP's. If you don't wan't your team to play at the highest possible level, why even bother going? What's the point of even having league tables? Or promotion or relegation or play-offs? You might as well go support your local non-league team where you can drink beer on the terraces to your heart's content and be home in time for tea.

Absolutely this. I cringe at posts like the Op's.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd be devastated if this team got broken up. Such great young talent in Dunk, March & Goldson. Brilliant players at their peak such as Knocky, Stephens & Kayal. Club favourites such as Stockdale, Lua Lua & Bruno. The only way to ensure we keep these players is Premier League football. So yes, I'm insanely desperate to go up.

I actually think the reverse is true.

I think if we go up at least 2 of them won't be in the side next year, possibly more. I think you would see even better players coming in.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I actually think the reverse is true.

I think if we go up at least 2 of them won't be in the side next year, possibly more. I think you would see even better players coming in.
Quite agree. The spine of the team will need improving. I would get rid of the aging players who are out of contract like Bruno,Greer,Caldy etc.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Higher prices more tourists more queues more melts and more women, thats what you will get for promotion. Call a linesman a wanker and have youre season ticket taken away :nono:

Regards

DR

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The reason we've been able to see quality football and our team in the top half of the table is because Mr Bloom has been willing to spend £10 million on us every year. He doesn't want to do that, so our current position is unsustainable. We need to get promoted tp balance the books.

There's a good chance we'd come back down anyway, and you could enjoy some more Championship football in the future.

This is it.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Why is it assumed that the recruitment team that have done such a superb job this season are going to succumb to bringing in a load of 'overpaid egotistical mercenaries' the moment we step foot in the Premier League (if we do)? Seen that supposed negative trotted out quite a few times recently.

Besides, it's not a concept we've been unfamiliar with in the Championship having seen the likes of Harley, Kemy and Best pass through the club. Didn't make me want to be back in League One.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely this.

I for one am not happy having to rely on Tony losing 10 million pounds every year.

So, yes - we want to go up.

Why do a number of people think promotion will automatically balance the books? Sure we'll have greater income but player wages and fees will be a lot lot higher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here