Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do our online fans deserve better performances/results than this?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I just don’t understand where some of you get off. It’s like you’re desperate to slag off the manager, get on the players backs. We are still a small fish in a big pond. Do you really think crucifying the players week in, week out, especially when they dominated a game is going to have some positive affect? Get ****ing behind them.

I haven't slated any one individual.

We were poor.

Sorry, I'm a bad fan. Well done good fan.

Getting behind them is when I'm there whether it be home or away, an internet forum is a place to vent one's ire, without fear of it affecting the team in any way.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The last 3 games have just been absolutely ridiculous. 1 goal and 1 point after the displays against Villa, the filth and now today's latest catastrophe have made us something of a laughing stock.

We are a very, very hard team to watch, certainly from my point of view without a doubt the most frustrating in all my years of watching us. The level of incompetence inside the opposition box is truly staggering - it literally has to be seen to be believed. Maupay, Trossard, Connolly, Welbeck, and the only german in the world who takes an 8 iron to hit a pen. FFS.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. Its getting to the point where I don't even want to watch us any more - just tell me the score at 5pm (or whenever) and I'll crack on with the rest of my day. So so sick of feeling sick.
Imagining being there. At least we've had that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I haven't slated any one individual.

We were poor.

Sorry, I'm a bad fan. Well done good fan.

Getting behind them is when I'm there whether it be home or away, an internet forum is a place to vent one's ire, without fear of it affecting the team in any way.

So you don’t think the players read social media and forums? You’re not aware of what Connolly has been going through?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I can’t remember whining as bad as this when we were in League 2 without a roof.

You have a short memory. In league 2 without a roof we were actually doing pretty well under Micky Adams so there was no reason to moan.

In league 1 without a roof McGhee got slaughtered on here as did many players.

The Goldstone as has been said used to be vile when things weren't good. Barry Lloyd got dogs abuse with thousands chanting him out over years and 1000+ gatherings behind the West stand to protest against him, the board, whoever. Players regularly given shocking stick.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
The last 3 games have just been absolutely ridiculous. 1 goal and 1 point after the displays against Villa, the filth and now today's latest catastrophe have made us something of a laughing stock.

We are a very, very hard team to watch, certainly from my point of view without a doubt the most frustrating in all my years of watching us. The level of incompetence inside the opposition box is truly staggering - it literally has to be seen to be believed. Maupay, Trossard, Connolly, Welbeck, and the only german in the world who takes an 8 iron to hit a pen. FFS.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. Its getting to the point where I don't even want to watch us any more - just tell me the score at 5pm (or whenever) and I'll crack on with the rest of my day. So so sick of feeling sick.
Couldn't of said it any better, spot on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So you don’t think the players read social media and forums? You’re not aware of what Connolly has been going through?

‘Going through.’ Please. He can turn social media off you know. Think I will worry about real problems.
NSC is the only social media I have and it’s staying that way. Aaron should do the same if he is having problems with spotty teenagers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Connolly has to take the rough with the smooth. If he wants the young footballer flaunting it on social media he needs to handle criticism if he plays badly. I’d say he is lucky there were only 2000 fans in the stadium for his Sheff Utd miss, and no fans in other games where he hasn’t performed this season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
SO, if anyone is affected they should stay off of social media.
What has Connolly's personal situation to do with my views on the team performance?

Okay, we’ll ask yourself this. In the moment when Gross or Welbeck stepped up to take their penalties, how do do you think the stuff posted on here made them feel. Supported, backed, confident or added to the pressure?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It’s a board of opinions apparently so I thought I’d offer my considered one. That ok?

That's perfectly ok with me. NSC's always been a forum for dissenting views on plenty of topics. And long may that continue.

My opinion is it's probably not the best time to pick on "online fans"...which we all are at the moment seeing as no-one can attend games.

Describing Albion fans as a "short sighted, forgetful, ungrateful, mean spirited bunch of whingers" is completely unreasonable and plain wrong for me.

Plenty of us on here remember the bad old days. But remembering the past doesn't mean that we lose the right to criticize in the present.

Lol why are all super fans the same on here .

Can give it out but cant take it

Are you Vagabonds Brother or Dad ?

Can’t take what exactly? I’ve rarely been so down after 2 games but seeing the slating the players, manager and staff are getting on here is just not appropriate when in the main we’ve played a standard of football that most of us never thought possible. This is the most successful club set up I’ve ever witnessed by far yet it receives the most abuse I just don’t get it. And in the age of social media when every player can read this on the long journey home.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Connolly has to take the rough with the smooth. If he wants the young footballer flaunting it on social media he needs to handle criticism if he plays badly. I’d say he is lucky there were only 2000 fans in the stadium for his Sheff Utd miss, and no fans in other games where he hasn’t performed this season.

Also, even if he is playing for Sligo or Saltdean, he'll get some grief.
They all get grief.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Okay, we’ll ask yourself this. In the moment when Gross or Welbeck stepped up to take their penalties, how do do you think the stuff posted on here made them feel. Supported, backed, confident or added to the pressure?

Sorry. They logged in to NSC prior to taking a penalty?

I think we may have spotted the problem, lack of focus?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Well I was there, right behind the goal and I chose to encourage him rather than get on his back, because we only have limited options so we might as well support them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here