[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There was talk at the time that a German newspaper had got hold of an image of his ‘positive’ test email, scanned the QR code and got through to a confirmation page dated 26th December. It’s obvious he lied about the date of the test, he really didn’t give a shit about Covid, vaccines, isolation or anything to do with changing his behaviour in any way. Hopefully he’ll get some bans from the other Grand Slams - he will certainly get the boos if he shows up at Wimbledon. Another liar caught out.

I saw in the BBC article a reference to a German investigation, but it didn’t say that the Germans had seen confirmation of a 26/12 test date. If so, that’s very damning.

The more I learn about Djokovic the less impressed with him I become. Undoubtedly a great tennis player, but also quite the tool it would appear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw in the BBC article a reference to a German investigation, but it didn’t say that the Germans had seen confirmation of a 26/12 test date. If so, that’s very damning.

The more I learn about Djokovic the less impressed with him I become. Undoubtedly a great tennis player, but also quite the tool it would appear.

As I noted earlier, he's a well-meaning but narcissistic flake, not very bright, steeped in a mix of his local version of Christianity and whatever new-age bollocks that requires no thought or understanding and is thus so appealing to those disincline or unable to think. But, to be fair, he's a tennis player, not the Branislav Petronijević Professor of Logic at the University of Belgrade. However, if public relations is important to him he would be wise to appoint, and take note of, a lifestyle coach, one feels :shrug:.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I can’t help but sympathise with poor Novak. These Serbian lab errors almost give off the impression that he wasn’t telling the truth and was trying to blah his way into Australia.

Bless him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol: BLOTL24hrs* award

*Best Laugh of the last 24hrs award, set up in competition to the BLOTDs.

I haven't awarded a BLOTD for a bit. I must be distracted by the anticipation of the Sue Gray report :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The bloke on Radio 4 who is reporting on the latest Djokovic news, the BBC interview.

You know, the one who sounds exactly like the Gary Bellamy character in the series, Down The Line.

Is he purposely pronouncing Novack's name as Joke a Vich for the shits and giggles???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The bloke on Radio 4 who is reporting on the latest Djokovic news, the BBC interview.

You know, the one who sounds exactly like the Gary Bellamy character in the series, Down The Line.

Is he purposely pronouncing Novack's name as Joke a Vich for the shits and giggles???
Yes, I thought that as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They played a fair chunk of the interview this morning on the radio.

I must say I did mellow a bit towards him after hearing it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, I thought that as well.

My trouble with listening to Radio 4 is that I can never take Amol Rajan seriously because all I ever hear is Gary Bellamy. So it means I was even more finely tuned into his pronunciation of Joke a Vich.

Shame he couldn't have just gone the whole hog and say Novax Joke a Vich, but I suppose he'd never get away with that.

Anyway, in a news programme where the ridiculously voiced Neil Nunes keeps popping up, it's hard to listen to anything and keep a straight face really.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Just can't understand why anyone would decline to have a life saving vaccination that has proven to be 100 % safe and effective

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I couldn't give a flying **** about him, his tittles, his money his batshit crazy wife.

The whole point of getting him to give an interview should have why did you lie constantly? Why did you put others in danger knowing you had covid.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Just interested if everyone feels the same about this one year on? Vaccine hysteria was absolutely manic from what I remember. Especially now Covid positive players can play :LOL:

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just interested if everyone feels the same about this one year on? Vaccine hysteria was absolutely manic from what I remember. Especially now Covid positive players can play :LOL:
The "everyone not taking the vaccine are killing babies and oldies for fun" thingie kind of died off when millions of people fled from Ukraine where like 3 people where vaccinated.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It was the right thing at the time but things have moved on.

Reactions: cjd

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports