Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have no very strong views (beyond a view that anti-vaxxers are idiots) on how governments manage rules on vaccinations, covid and travel rules. Arguments on every side and we won't know what was the best course of action for a long time yet.

I do however have strong views on people being treated differently (and expecting to be treated differently) beause they are rich/famous/good at sport.

Exactly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shame as he seemed a decent guy.
Knowledgeable with good posts on the boxing threads especially.

Unfortunately many of his posts were desperate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kind of depends on your point of view :shrug:

whoosh.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not true …. Various sports have had viewing figures dramatically nosedive when one team/person dominates the sport.
True. Imagine the disappointment at sky and BT with Liverpool and Chelsea's recent results. A 3 way title race is way more interesting than over by new year's day. Even the Liverpool game resulting in a draw would have kept the pretence up for a little while longer.

No one in the world, except for man city fans, is saying how fascinating the premier league title race is now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
True. Imagine the disappointment at sky and BT with Liverpool and Chelsea's recent results. A 3 way title race is way more interesting than over by new year's day. Even the Liverpool game resulting in a draw would have kept the pretence up for a little while longer.

No one in the world, except for man city fans, is saying how fascinating the premier league title race is now.

Or the freely expressed disappointment at Amazon Prime, live from Stamford Bridge...

" The football year is all ending on a bit of a downer thanks to a Brighton first" :D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh shhh….too fekin clever for me Harry :D
Cow pie back at ya

Seriously, despite his posting reasonably about football, he was a strident and ludicrous champion of arranging society for the benefit of the self-defined invincibles with no regard for the vulnerable, as the bodies duly piled up last year, which is why he was eventually banned. He was largely responsible for at least one regular poster who is still having to shield a vulnerable family member having to leave NSC because he was so sickened and distressed by Desperate's relentless campaign. I got so fed up with him I had to put him on ignore. I have reported the prick [MENTION=42598]Roland[/MENTION] and hope he gets the same tretment from the mods.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seriously, despite his posting reasonably about football, he was a strident and ludicrous champion of arranging society for the benefit of the self-defined invincibles with no regard for the vulnerable, as the bodies duly piled up last year, which is why he was eventually banned. He was largely responsible for at least one regular poster who is still having to shield a vulnerable family member having to leave NSC because he was so sickened and distressed by Desperate's relentless campaign. I got so fed up with him I had to put him on ignore. I have reported the prick [MENTION=42598]Roland[/MENTION] and hope he gets the same tretment from the mods.

Spot on. I can either engage, pisstake or ignore most of you lot on here depending on my mood (and absolutely expect the same back) but the relentless, and often dangerous and misleading shite he posted about being super-immune (without any backup) was beyond tiresome - I can only imagine how it made the more vulnerable feel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here