Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] divock origi

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I'm sure we can do better than someone who's played about 20 mins in the last 4 years

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My only concern with Origi is would he be a bit big time for us... but we have Adam in the camp who would know all about this.

Origi does fit the bill though, he has pace, good size and is more of an all round front man than our existing batch in my opinion.

I have noi idea if he is affordable wages wise.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Scored in a CL final, scored the winner in a merseyside derby = not good enough for Brighton
I’ve heard it all now.
He’s strong and quick and can finish.

I’ve been calling this for months, entering the last year of his contract and won’t sign another is the reason Liverpool are selling him now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Scored in a CL final, scored the winner in a merseyside derby = not good enough for Brighton
I’ve heard it all now.

I’ve been calling this for months, entering the last year of his contract and won’t sign another is the reason Liverpool are selling him now.

He must be gagging to get regualr football too, I suspect he will get offers elsewhere possibly abroad for more money.

Biss being part of a deal could really help though if we are interested

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
NSC on signing a new striker:
1, 'finally, we've got a 20 goal a season striker'
2, said striker scores in first or second goal: 'see told you, Maupay/Welbeck/Trossard/A N Other was holding us back -- it was obvious we needed someone that could do the only thing a striker needs to do'
3, new striker gets injury and/or suffers barren patch: 'never rated X'
4, new striker goes on another barren patch: 'what a waste of money, get rid, I've always said we need a 20 goal a season striker'
5, lots of new alternatives punted on various NSC threads: 'this player looks like a 20 goal a season striker'
6, repeat of stages 1 to 5

The gist is correct, but to be fair we’ve signed one striker since we signed Maupay (Welbeck). Can we really count Zequiri as he’s clearly one for the future and Tau who we already had.

Who else in the GP era?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
This season was a right off for him with only 9 appearances, last season he made 27, but most were as a sub. His goal to minute ratio was good though, with 1 goal every 180 mins

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'd have him. I feel like we need target man option. We have far too many Maupay/Trossard/Andone/Connolly/MacAllister type players in the squad. A better version of an Origi type player will be well out of our budget. His Premier League record is 19 goals in 100 appearances, but given that he has almost always been a bench player coming on for 15 minutes here and there i'd say that 1 in 5 goal ratio actually has potential for it to be 2 or 3 in 5 given a decent amount of minutes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve heard it all now.

With Mane & Firmino in terrible form this season (compared to last season), why was Origi only given 181 EPL minutes this season?

It’s not that he isn’t good enough for Brighton, it’s that he is not the type of player Potter goes for. His one touch football, passing, dribbling, movement, team play and control are just not a fit for how we play.

He is clearly big, quick, powerful and a good goal scorer but Potter wants more. Onuachu & Edouard have a much better all around game.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Your lucky to get half a season out of Welbeck sick note.

:wozza::bla:

Have you seen the difference he has made to the squad, did you see his enthusiasm when scoring ?

He has been wonderful for us this season, get over yourself.

Since October he got himself up to speed and played 24 times for us and we had played 5 league games !

Come on, he was no sick note, tired old cliche

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Say we do go for a new striker, we'd then have to make some serious decisions on the rest we have at the club. Who stays and who goes?

New striker
Maupay
Andone
Connolly
Tau
Welbeck
Zeqiri

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
:wozza::bla:

Have you seen the difference he has made to the squad, did you see his enthusiasm when scoring ?

He has been wonderful for us this season, get over yourself.
That wasn’t my point it at all but carry on, just signing Welbeck is not enough as proven this season. He simply misses to many games. Unfortunately for him that’s been the story of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here