Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Although Origi might want a move to a team in the Premier League I don't think the Southern Combination Premier Division is quite what he had in mind.

He might feel at home there though, what with the town's large Scouse emigrant population.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've all just calmed into the usual pre season 'humph nothings going to heppen' and you pop up getting us all frothed up again! :lolol::rolleyes:

here's hoping!

Let’s hope Villa, Palace, Leeds, Newcastle and Sheffield United have their minds somewhere else

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I understand Liverpool U-23 had a friendly with a Huddersfield B team on Sunday but the Liverpool side featured Origi, Brewster, Shaqiri, Harry Wilson and Minamino. Maybe seeing all those players together might have helped Klopp decide who stays and who goes? It finished 1-1 with Minamino scoring, so it sounds as though he was the only one who did himself any favours.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I understand Liverpool U-23 had a friendly with a Huddersfield B team on Sunday but the Liverpool side featured Origi, Brewster, Shaqiri, Harry Wilson and Minamino. Maybe seeing all those players together might have helped Klopp decide who stays and who goes? It finished 1-1 with Minamino scoring, so it sounds as though he was the only one who did himself any favours.

Maybe we are signing all 5.
Would people take Shaqiri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I personally think Eastbourne has been much improved. The town centre seems much cleaner and modernised to what it used to looked like

Yes the council there finally got around to updating the tired arndale centre, problem is it was 20 years too late at a time where town centre shopping is massively in decline!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Shaqiri is a cracking player. A talisman at Stoke and can play the number 10 role as well as left wing. Everything you could ever dream of Macallister achieving in a ready made player.

Not sure if we could afford his wages, but would be a quality signing.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
A kid and a player who can’t remember the last time he played 90 mins...oh the excitement

Belgium's youngest World Cup goalscorer who scored the winning goal in a Champions League final a year and a half ago? Quite exciting.

He also, despite his lack of starts last season had a much higher goal per minutes ratio than anything we currently have. In terms of his minutes on the pitch, he's averaged a goal every 1.65 games over the last two years FFS. Maupay is currently scoring a goal every three.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Maybe we are signing all 5.
Would people take Shaqiri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He comes across as a total dick.

But, he's also very good.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Liverpool submitting a £35m bid for Diogo Jota from Wolves. Pave the way for Origi to move off I wonder?

know its a lot of money and i doubt they'll get him for that but this is the kind of move we should have made a few months ago , we are obviously consolidating and we looked like we have some options coming through v portsmouth but a decent striker and i think our survival is guaranteed ......not sure where he's coming from atm.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
know its a lot of money and i doubt they'll get him for that but this is the kind of move we should have made a few months ago , we are obviously consolidating and we looked like we have some options coming through v portsmouth but a decent striker and i think our survival is guaranteed ......not sure where he's coming from atm.
Probably should have mentioned I'm a little on the fence about him. He's played in the PL & UCL, but his record is a bit meh.

All pros and cons though haha!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Probably should have mentioned I'm a little on the fence about him. He's played in the PL & UCL, but his record is a bit meh.

All pros and cons though haha!
not keen myself either ....not sure what the answer is , we won't pay big money so until we hoist ourselves up the table were gonna struggle ....higuan was a bubbler for me but he's gone to china now ...140 k a week ...:rolleyes:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bloom isn’t a stupid man, there is a reason we’ve not spent much this summer. The club is probably suffering without fan income and other various things affected by COVID, I’ve been very surprised by how many clubs appear to be able to spend shed loads of money, given the financial loss most clubs are making at the moment.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Bloom isn’t a stupid man, there is a reason we’ve not spent much this summer. The club is probably suffering without fan income and other various things affected by COVID, I’ve been very surprised by how many clubs appear to be able to spend shed loads of money, given the financial loss most clubs are making at the moment.

I bet Bloom and others are taking into account the possibility of a 2nd wave and a complete lockdown where the chances of the season being written off could be likely?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The only clubs that struggle to get signings over the line are the ones with their hands tightly in their pockets. The annual post transfer window letter to the fans will have you believe trying to sign a player is almost a near impossible task.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here