Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So @YungZaha currently has an England career shorter than Peter Ward's

Well done him. I hope he can pick himself up off the floor after than fact.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So @YungZaha currently has an England career shorter than Peter Ward's

Well done him. I hope he can pick himself up off the floor after than fact.

Zaha is 20.

He played a minute longer anyway :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Zaha is 20.

He played a minute longer anyway :lolol:
So you were comparing Zaha to Maradona, Best, Messi and Ronaldo, and now you're comparing him to Peter Ward.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So you were comparing Zaha to Maradona, Best, Messi and Ronaldo, and now you're comparing him to Peter Ward.

1. I didn't compare Zaha to any of those players.
2. I am not comparing him to Peter Ward. One of your lot is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is something that all of these clubs: Brighton, Charlton, Milwall, Leicester, Cardiff, Brentford, Bury, Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Burnley, Blackpool, Watford, Nottingham Forest, Colchester

Have in common? None of them have any England internationals in their team.

On the contrary. Leicester and Wednesday also have one-cap wonder England Internationals. I think Nugent and Bothroyd played more than 9 minutes, though.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why on earth would anyone have taken the piss out of Zaha after he played his first 5 minutes in an England shirt and didn't do badly?

Because hes been constantly hyped up to be a magnificent, world-beating player who is better than Messi and Ronaldo in the press for the past few days and hasnt delivered anything. For a player with that much hype you expect something - which didnt deliver so hes rightly being ripped for it - would be the same for any Brighton player as well......probably.

Saw a few Man United, Newcastle and Arsenal fans getting in on the act too, the Arsenal fans saying they dont actually want him now - so maybe there is still hope for you keeping him......or maybe he will join Wigan.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
On the contrary. Leicester and Wednesday also have one-cap wonder England Internationals. I think Nugent and Bothroyd played more than 9 minutes, though.

Nugent and Bothroyd played for England when they were 23 and 28. Zaha only turned 20 the other day. Roy Hodgson has said that after seeing him play for Palace and seeing him in training, he will be a key part of England's World Cup team in 2014.

Please don't try to compare Zaha to Nugent, Bothroyd or Zamora. He is a far more talented player as you know and will achieve more in the game than those three put together.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Roy Hodgson has said that after seeing him play for Palace and seeing him in training, he will be a key part of England's World Cup team in 2014.

On the strength of his England performance so far.. 3 touches, one lost possession, one pathetic dive and one misplaced pass, I sincerely hope not. :laugh:

#zahasfault

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Because hes been constantly hyped up to be a magnificent, world-beating player who is better than Messi and Ronaldo in the press for the past few days and hasnt delivered anything. For a player with that much hype you expect something - which didnt deliver so hes rightly being ripped for it - would be the same for any Brighton player as well......probably.

Saw a few Man United, Newcastle and Arsenal fans getting in on the act too, the Arsenal fans saying they dont actually want him now - so maybe there is still hope for you keeping him......or maybe he will join Wigan.

He didn't deliver in an England shirt- because he didn't get the chance to. How on earth do you expect a 20 year old to impress when he only gets 6 minutes on the pitch in a demoralized side that just lost 4-2 after being 2-1 up?

Looking through the #zahasfault tweets, 99 times out 100 they were taking the piss. "Want to go for a piss but the bathroom is too far away #zahasfault" etc.

Zaha is too good for Wigan already. Moses is now playing regularly for Chelsea. Wilfried is a better player than Moses was at his age. Arsene Wenger is desperate to sign Zaha, and if they cough up the required £15m in the Summer they'll get him as long as we don't go up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

All the fans of the big clubs in the Premier League will have a new song for Winifred ----> "He's just not good enough , he's just not good enough" :lol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Nugent and Bothroyd played for England when they were 23 and 28. Zaha only turned 20 the other day. Roy Hodgson has said that after seeing him play for Palace and seeing him in training, he will be a key part of England's World Cup team in 2014.

Please don't try to compare Zaha to Nugent, Bothroyd or Zamora. He is a far more talented player as you know and will achieve more in the game than those three put together.

Not really the point is it, you claimed none of those teams had players with international caps but you have been proved wrong.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
.. Arsene Wenger is desperate to sign Zaha, and if they cough up the required £15m in the Summer they'll get him as long as we don't go up.

only £15m... blimey has that shocking England perfomance really had that bad an effect on his price tag? #zahasfault

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Thought Sterling was excellent last night and at 3 years younger than Zaha has already proved himself in the premiership. Zaha looked a bit lightweight in the 6 minutes he was on. I think Zaha clearly has the talent, but i'd want to see him perform in the premiership first. I hope he can replicate his performances for Palace in the top flight and on the international level because with that on the right and Sterling on the left we'd be pretty decent.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
On the strength of his England performance so far.. 3 touches, one lost possession, one pathetic dive and one misplaced pass, I sincerely hope not. :laugh:

That's simply untrue. He was fouled when he apparently "dived", he played in a cross that nobody wanted to attack as Sweden had just scored and they were demoralized, he beat his man twice and played a nice one-two with Osman that the Everton chap managed to ruin.

He had no chance to impress in those 6 minutes. He will have a chance to impress against Derby on Saturday, against Leeds the Saturday after that, against Hull after that and then... against you :)

By the way... if Bruno and Bridge are anywhere near as good as you tell us they are, they should be Premier League quality? When Zaha destroys them time and time again, will that prove to you that he can ALREADY cut it in the top flight at only 20 years of age?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

#zahasfault

Winifred should now be enquiring about playing for Ivory Coast :lolol:
#ZahasFault

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here